If you are planning a trip to the Caribbean and like me spend time (probably an unhealthy amount) researching the best location and resort for your family, please consider the Buccaneer resort in St. Croix. We traveled to St. Croix in August for our second stay at the Buccaneer with our 4 year old and 2 1/2 year old. I simply cannot emphasize enough how welcoming and hospitable the resort staff were to us and our children. Traveling with kids can be stressful especially when you are mindful of making sure you do not disrupt anyone else's vacation. The resort staff (they really transcend the term) were so hospitable to us I cannot thank them enough. If you are looking for a beautiful, elegant resort without the arrogance that some carry the Buccaneer is the perfect resort to book your stay whether you are traveling with or without children. The beaches are superb, we have been to over 10 islands from Grenada to Jamica and in between and the beaches at the Buccaneer are exquisite. True serenity without the annoyance of beach vendors or obnoxious wave runners. Plenty of chairs and shade to go around!
So here are the specifics:
- The breakfast buffet is fanatastic. There are local eateries around the island that we tried, but St. Croix is on the pricier end of the Caribbean and you are better off enjoyng the spectacular view from the Terrace along with a daily variety of fresh fruit, baked goods, made to order eggs and choc. chip pancakes!
- The beach side grills offer excellent lunch options with a very attentive staff- always with a smile!
- For dinner the Terrace menu is excellent. We have found that *sometimes* the caribbean defintion of a gourmet meal is not on par with what we had in mind. The Buccaneer is truly comparable with what you would find in any first class restaurant in NYC or other metropolitan area.
- The Hideaway Spa: A must see! They offer manicures, pedicures and an amazing MASSAGE! Your vacation will not be complete without a visit to the spa!
- Accomodations are incredible. The resort is perched elegantly overlooking the Caribbean, many of the rooms offer amazing views. If you have small children the rooms are a very comfortable size, we had 2 cribs in ours and the kids still had room to run around and play! The daily maid service is exceptional as well- any request was immediately dealt with, again with a smile.
- Kids camp- this was the 1st time we used a kids camp on vacation. I was initially a little leery mostly out of guilt because this was a family vacation, as soon as I saw what they offered I could not wait for the kids to enjoy themselves. The "camp room" mirrors a high end pre-school that you would find in the states. They have games, paint, crafts and all kinds of interesting activities for the little ones. The kids actually liked getting out of the sun for a little while. They offer snorkel lessons and treasure hunts on the beach ALL COMPLIMENTARY!!
- The Staff: Remarkable!! We checked in with K.C. at the front desk after 12 hours of travel (with two small kids...) The process could not have been easier, we were greeted and offered drinks for us and the kids and off to our room very quickly.
Marty, beach side concierge, was such a sweetheart. She made sure we had drinks on the beach and would even take care of dinner reservations for us at restaurants around the island! Thank you Marty!!
Cilesia and Luz were wonderful in the kids camp and so sweet to the kids.
Sarah at the Terrace (dinner) was great with the kids and so sweet and friendly.
If you made it to the end of this review I hope you consider booking a trip to the Buccaneer, no one wants to take chances with their vacation and the Buccaneer is a sure bet! You will not be disappointed :)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Buccaneer St Croix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Buccaneer -- St Croix Hotel Christiansted
- Buccaneer St Croix Christiansted
- The Buccaneer St Croix St. Croix/Christiansted