For the past thirteen years we have been staying at Sugar Beach in either Unit 209 or 309 during the month of January or February. Every year we find the units extremely clean, well maintained and fully functional. The price has always been reasonable and we feel we get much more than we pay for. The two units are each two bedroom, two bath with a full kitchen. Unit 309 has the advantage of being top floor and high airy cathedral ceilings which really open up the condo to the beautiful Caribbean trade winds. Unit 209 gets the same breeze, is just as beautiful and is near ground level. We find the staff at Sugar Beach delightful. The men maintaining the pool and beach areas are all always friendly, hard working and quick to accommodate our every need. As we have never had any trouble with the units, we have little contact with the office. Unit 309 is in excellent condition and has gotten a lot of tender attention including a lot of new paint and furniture in the last year or so. Unit 209 is routinely maintained by the owner and in excellent condition. This year we stayed in 209 for almost three weeks and enjoyed every minute on STX. The weather was 80 degrees, plus or minus five, being 85 in the afternoon and 75 in the wee hours of the morning. We did not require any air conditioning as the breeze is beautiful and with the relaxing waves lapping on the beach, we slept well. With restaurants within walking distance, you really can just stay at the resort 24/7. We try to have breakfast on the balcony to enjoy the view of Christiansted Harbor and Buck Island. But, to us it's a lot more fun to get a car and go exploring after breakfast, as STX is entirely different than the other U.S. Virgin Islands. We have tried many restaurants and there is always some activity going on in early evening which tires us out and gets us to bed early. The beach and the sea at Sugar Beach are great, the water is warm enough to get in every day and the snorkeling and other water activities are plentiful. With the car, there are several other resort/beaches to make sure we visit every year as they are all beautiful. If it weren't for Sugar Beach Condos, we probably wouldn't go as often and be as comfortable. Thanks to Sugar Beach for another great vacation.
R/Hal and Jean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sugar Beach is a condominium resort on St. Croix, USVI with studio, one, two, three and four bedroom units - all directly on the beach! We welcome you to stay in your own private condo - complete with balconies, fans, central air conditioning, beautiful furnishings, and your very own kitchen. The resort also offers complementary WiFi in all condos, 2 tennis courts, hammocks and lounge chairs on the beach plus kayaks and Zayaks (glass bottom snorkel sleds). Sugar Beach is ideal for Active Travelers looking for accommodations in the middle of the action with a "home" base to come back to at the end of the day. The choices of island activities are endless - days can be filled with diving and snorkeling, kayaking, nature hiking, horseback riding, golfing, sailing, jeep tours through the rain forest and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Sugar Beach Condo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Beach Condominiums Hotel St. Croix
- Sugar Beach Condo Resort St. Croix/Christiansted