The Divi Carina Bay is definetly not up to the Divi standards of Aruba or St Martin.There isn't much good to say about this resort.There were about 17 people staying at this resort of over 200 rooms.Most of the staff were not friendly .No elevator and we had to drag our bags to the third floor-didn't see any bellman.All rooms did have a nice view of the water.It was clean but lacking in amenities-shampoo and soap were all there was in the bathroom and the water pressure in the shower was poor.We paid $150.00 per person per night for the all-inclusive-so not worth it.The food was not great..Breakfast was pretty much the same every day but you could definitely find something to eat.Abel was the only smiling face we saw there in the morning.Lunch was at the Dockside-sandwiches and a special every day,the pizza place opened at 6pm and was only opened Thursday through Sunday.Dinner was the worst-the steak was not like our New York Sirloin-very chewy,not much flavor.The roc dinner was cook it yourself-750 degree rock your table and you choose what you want to cook-beef,chicken,pork,or fish.My fish stuck to rock and in flipping it,I left most of it there.The lighting was pretty dark and you couldn't tell whether your chicken or pork were done-scary. The desserts were few and nothing special-the red velvet cake was offered a lot.Dinner at the Dockside on most nights were buffet -you ate on the same tables and patio chairs that you sat in during the day with your suntan lotion and sweat.My arms were stuck to the tacky chairs at dinner-no tablecloths-no ambiance at all.The bars opened sometimes as early as 10a.m. but were closing down by 9:30,and always by 10p.m..
The Casino was opened late and you could get a sandwich or drink there and we never saw a shuttle taking people up the hill to get there,so we walked.Most of the activities that were listed on your sheet in your package were not available.There were not enough bodies to play volleyball,bocce,horseshoes,or shuffleboard.The sand castle build off didn't happen,nor did the hole in one contest.Yoga on the beach was $10.00 and the hiking was $15.00.They advertised for a spa-but it was closed.They offered to call someone if you wanted a treatment.If it weren't for the 3 couples we met at the Divi and the sunshine every day, we would have been bored to death.This was one of the worst vacations ever and definitely not the cheapest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted