As others say, this is not a fancy place. That being said, we really enjoyed our time there. This is a small resort that seems to be an old converted hotel. It is very clean and the staff is quietly friendly and accomodating. I would definitely suggest not to stay in a room that ends in 01 (101, 201,301) Half the view from these rooms is roof/wall from the restaurant.
They have 2 restaurants on site, but they are only open one at a time. The food itself is really good and there are nightly themes (i.e. cook on a stone, Caribbean bbq, Italian buffet, etc) You DO have to pop into the gift shop to make reservations for every night. I guess to keep a head count of meals. There is a great pizza place located in the parking lot that I would highly recommend, however, the limited hours of 5-10pm and the fact that they are closed on Wednesdays and Thursdays make it hard to catch open. This is also included in your all-inclusive price. Wish they were open for lunch.
There is a small beach area with chairs as well as a beach shack that you can get paddle boats, kayaks, etc to enjoy the water. These are included in your rate. You can take a few different excursions off site like hikes, snorkeling trips, etc that cost a little more, but are worth the small fees if you are interested. You do get to check out beach towels, which are really just bath towels (small). There is also a challenging mini-golf course (included) and a casino across the street, which opens later in the evening if you are so inclined.
One thing I'd like to note is that an 18% gratuity is included in all your services (all food and drinks including bar) but you can add more if you like. You do have to sign a tab for every service, but personally, I found it interesting to keep a running tab of what we would have spent had we gone a la carte...to see if we got a good deal. Which we did. And there are a few locals, other visitors who come here for food and drinks so they do pay the prices listed. Keep track...it's interesting to see what you would have paid had you gone this route. I think you will find that it is a fairly priced vacation.
Remember that you are on VACATION here. Yes, the service is not particularly speedy, but what do you have to rush for? You're on VACATION! Just relax! We tend to think and move very quickly in the states, so this is a good time to live on Island time! In fact, there are no clocks located anywhere I could see. It was fabulous (though it took me a day or two to get used to....).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience St Croix's only All Inclusive! The Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino is a lively retreat nestled on a secluded shore in the beautiful island of St. Croix. Modern beachfront guestrooms, poolside dining, hammocks by the shore, live entertainment; your home for Family, Food and Fun …- it’s All Included! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Divi Carina Bay Hotel
- Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted