From the moment you arrive at The Palms at Pelican Cove, you know you have stumbled upon the perfect Caribbean hideaway! You will be greeted with a warm welcome and your choice of cocktail at the awesome beach bar. Watch out for the Painkiller...that first sip of the straw is pure Cruzan aged rum...
We booked our trip through BookIt.Com and couldn't be more pleased. We were taken to room 5 located right on the beach with an wall to wall sliding glass door out to our veranda on the beach. A bottle of aged Cruzan rum and Coke awaited our arrival, along with a fresh vase of local flowers. We could feel ourselves unwind as soon as we walked out onto the beautiful beach.
To understand what sets this small resort apart from others is the personal service you will receive from the owners, Chuck and Joyce and their wonderful, friendly and attentive staff. Joyce and Chuck will stop by to chat and offer any assistance required. Mitch and Chuck take guests out on snorkeling adventures daily....you will see more sea life than ever imagined, and they provide snorkel gear and underwater photos of your adventure as a gift for your stay. Our cleaning lady Giselle was always greeting us with a smile on her face, singing, happy...and she kept our room immaculate. Norbert and other grounds keepers always greeted us with a smile. The wait staff at the resort restaurant kept us relaxed and happily fed with some of the best cooking in the Virgin Islands. The beach bar has great pub grub late into the evening in case you want a late night meal too!
We took one day to travel the island to see the rain forest, the beer drinking pigs and hang at Rainbow beach for lunch and a great swim with the locals and their dogs....the poochs had a blast at the beach too! But to be honest, the Palms at Pelican Cove kept us happy with all we needed during our weeklong stay. The perfect beach for swimming, snorkeling, a quiet large fresh water swimming pool with lush tropical vegitation, an awesome beach bar, a great restaurant and the best staff we ever met at any Caribbean island we have visited.
Let's put is this way...you can't go wrong on a holiday at The Palms...if you are like us, you will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted