My family and I just returned from a St. Croix vacation, and we have three words for those considering a trip to the island: Book the Palms.
Owners Chuck and Joyce, and every member of the staff – especially Mitch, Mama G, Julie and Rico – were friendly, happy and left a lasting impression. We never stayed at a place where everyone made us feel at home.
Our second-floor rooms were clean and spacious, with great views of the ocean. The beach was one of the better ones we saw on the island. The palm trees provided plenty of shade, which my fair-skinned wife appreciated. The beach also had plenty of sunny areas, which the tanners in the family loved
We also enjoyed the pool. Look up, you’ll see iguanas in the trees.
The food in the restaurant is excellent, but could get a little pricey for a family of six staying for a week. The bar menu is a great option, even for fussy eaters.
The Wednesday night buffet, however, is a must. It features barbecued chicken and ribs, fish, salads, pasta and dessert. The fun-filled night also includes a performance by the stilt-dancing moko jumbies, line-dancing and a limbo on the beach.
Much has been written on this forum about Mitch’s snorkeling trips, and they are indeed excellent. Take the day and night tours, you’ll be amazed. On our night swim, we were joined by Chuck and a Coast Guard officer, which was an added treat.
Mitch also leads a walking tour of the area, which includes a visit to the home of a Cruzan woman who offers samples of the fruits she grows. The walk includes a tour of an old sugar plantation. Mitch also offers plenty of tips about what to see on the island.
We hope to return very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted