This was our first time on St. Croix and we will definitely be back. The staff at the Palms was friendly and very genuine. The room was spacious and clean. It wasn’t the most up-to-date room out there but for the beautiful beach a few feet from your door way it was well worth it. It had a small fridge and cable TV but no alarm clock. We loved the open bar and dining area right on the beach. The food was good (try the Palms salad with fresh mangoes) and the pina coladas--delicious! We had no problems obtaining snorkeling gear, access to the internet, hairdryer, iron, etc… I don’t know if we were there during a slow week but there was hardly anyone around, which was nice if you are just there to relax. Overall it seemed more family friendly than for singles. Would recommend renting a car-you can find one pretty cheap and cabs add up. The Palms is set back in a neighborhood with a tiny sign on where to turn so just keep your eyes open and have a map handy.
Our stay there was wonderful and we really enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted