When I was told that there was a 30 day cancellation policy, I was curious as to what type of place I was going to be at. *Note - I was not here for vacation so my view
The lobby seems typical for a Caribbean island. Open plan, lots of fans, comfy furiniture. Didn't find the reception friendly or mean - just average.
Ate in the restaurant. Dinner and breakfast were just ok. Really not many options if you don't want fried, unhealthy food. But that's been a typical experience in so many places in my travels. I was surprised that their Cobb salad was really good, since sometimes salads are awful in hotel restaurants.
Mitch seemed really great, and I can see why so many reviewers took to him. I'm sure he will provide you with a great experience. The other staff members were, again, average. Coming from Peter Island in Tortola, I thought the service was lacking, but that is probably because the employees at Peter Island are great at customer service.
The room was a disappointment to me, but again, typical of what I've experienced in the Caribbean. The smell of Tilex was so strong that I got a headache. The balcony had a view of the water which was pleasant. (Bring bug spray!) The bed was comfortable enough. Lots of decorative pillows...just wondering when they were cleaned last... Little ants running all over the bathroom counter but I dont think that can be avoided. Showere pressue was ok. Fridge in your room.
Wireless was bad. It kept cutting in and out. Since most visitors are on vacation, this matters little. However, if you have business to attend to you....you will need your patience to get it done.
In all, I'm not sure how many other options there are on this island. I would probably try another place before coming back here. And if I had come on vacation with my family, I think I would probably stay another place. Just not my cup of tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted