My wife and I stayed at the Palms the week of Dec 30. We picked this hotel because of the beachside accommodations, relaxed atmosphere, and the emphasis on service. We were not disappointed! The room was spacious and could not have been nicer...no more than a few steps from the water's edge with a picture postcard view. The complimentary Cruzan rum was a nice touch. The king sized bed was very comfortable...this coming from a Sleep Number bed user over the past 20 years. The A/C was an in-room, modern unit that kicked out the cold air with ease (very quiet).
A short walk from the room was the main portion of the hotel...an open air set-up including a nice bar with American style bar food at reasonable prices. We enjoyed our complimentary arrival drinks after reserving a table at the "Monday Caribbean Night" buffet and live show poolside. For $25/ea, my wife and I were treated to a traditional Caribbean buffet, dessert, and a great live show. The show included live music, masked men in costume on stilts...they danced and engaged the crowd, both young and old. This was followed by young lady fire dancers. A great way to begin our St. Croix vacation!
On day 2, we explored the island via Jeep. We decided to drive west along the North Shore. The highlight was stopping at Off the Wall...a beachside bar and grill on Cane Bay...breathtaking view! We made our way south and decided to check out the Cruzan Rum factory. This is a $5, no frills 30 minute tour...interesting but not a "must see"...but it finished with 2 free rum drinks each so who can complain? From there, we headed to Fredericksted on the west side of the island...this was literally a ghost town...unless the cruise ships are in...if they aren't, don't waste your time here. We finished off the day with dinner at Off the Deep End, a restaurant about 7 miles from the Palms. (Thanks to Stephanie for recommending this restaurant and to take a taxi instead of drinking .... $40 r/t was worth it!).
The remaining few days were spent at the hotel, exploring the east side of the island, and snorkeling at Buck Island. Make sure you enjoy the open air breakfast beachside...we did this just about every morning and it was great! Also, don't miss Mitch's local tour on Thursday morning? This 2+ hour hike is a slow paced hike that included a walk along the local streets, a St. Croix history lesson, a visit to a local home for off-the-tree fruit tasting, and a walk through an abandoned sugar plantation/rum factory.
We will definitely return for this wonderful hotel and friendly staff. They genuinely care about their guests making the most of their vacation and having a good time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted