The staff is very pleasant and despite being sold out, the place seemed to be very quiet. Probably due to the fact that it is spread out on a relatively large piece of property. On the downside -- as others have noted, the rooms are showing alot of wear and tear. Hardware was badly rusted. I know that it's tough given that it's right on the water, but they are not keeping up in the battle to prevent rust. Tiles were cracked and worn. Shower heads are pretty low and I'm only average height (5'10").
It's in a beautiful location and the snorkeling is terrific. The beach is a little rocky in some spots but generally nice. Food is above average but not great. I ate at the restaurant a few years ago on another trip and bar menu has not changed. They need to change things up a bit and given the relatively few people who were eating at the bar, it looks like others agree with me.
Also, it is somewhat isolated and while they have a few toiletries available for sale, there is no convenience shop. That would be a major positive addition for them.
Nice people, good location, needs better maintenance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms at Pelican Cove sits on 7 acres of coconut palms and white sand beach, and is just 3 miles west of Christiansted. There is swimming in front of the property, and with Long Reef just a few yards off shore, excellent snorkeling (day and night) is also available. We provide complimentary snorkel gear and tours of the reef. Our freshwater pool is one of the largest on the island and is regularly used by SCUBA for introductory dive lessons. We have a tennis court and complimentary gear. There are many hiking trails on the island and we regularly make excursions with guests. There are 40 spacious rooms at the hotel, and all offer panoramic oceanfront views from expansive terraces. All rooms are air conditioned, and are equipped with a small refrigerator and coffee maker. The Palms Restaurant is located on property and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Mahogany Bar is located beachside, serves up wonderful beverages, and has a late night bar menu. The front desk is open 24/7 and security is provided around the clock. Wireless internet access is complimentary. The Palms won the 2010 Best Beach Resort and Best Hotel on St. Croix as voted by readers of the Virgin Islands Daily News. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms at Pelican Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel Christiansted
- Palms At Pelican Cove Christiansted
- Palms Pelican Cove
- Palms At Pelican Cove Hotel
- The Palms At Pelican Cove St. Croix/Christiansted