This was exactly what my friends and I were looking for: A cheap, clean place to stay close to Christiansted with a beach and pool. I don't know what all the other people expected from the reviews on here for the price. If available, I suggest getting the groupon! I paid $85 for four people! Now I'm going to get into the good and bad about the resort.
The great stuff?
The front desk worker couldn't be nicer and the landscape was beautiful. Our bungalow had a kitchenette, king bed, full bed, and a beautiful view of the pool and beach. I looked at places double the price of Chenay Bay and they didn't even have a kitchenette! The beds were very comfy and it was definitely enough space for four if us.
Parts of everything seems run down. Let me give you an example. They pool is beautiful from afar. Up close, some of the beautiful lights had no bulbs and it looked like it had waterfalls at some point that were no longer there. There was a beautiful stone platform with pedestals that looked like it may have been a shower at some point for people at the beach, but now it had no showers. Only the platform and blank pedistals remained. The bar and restaurant looked promising, but neither seemed open. As my group was leaving, we saw a few people sitting around the picturesque bar, so it must have limited hours. Our bungalow had random bits and pieces broken, but nothing easily overlooked. Looking around the resort, I could see into a couple other bungalows and some seem to have huge livingrooms as well, which looked newly renovated.
All in all, it seems like the resort was pristine in the past, fell into disrepair over the last five years, and is now on the upswing. If you stay here for the nightlife, you'll be sorely disappointed. If you go here looking for a spacious, beautiful, clean, cost effective place to stay when exploring Christiansted and the rest of St Croix, you'll be pleasantly happy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean Sea Chenay Bay Beach Resort is only 3 miles from Christiansted. Guests revel in the privacy of their West Indian style cottages with kitchenettes and front porch. Amenities include an outdoor infinity edged pool, hot tub, tennis courts, and direct beach access. Savor the flavors of the Caribbean, enjoy tropical drinks at Mahi’s beachfront restaurant, and bar at Chenay Bay Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Chenay Bay Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chenay Bay Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Chenay Bay Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted