“Beautiful Hotel. Not what I expected”
Review of Club Comanche

Club Comanche
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Hotel was rustic and beautiful. Like a trip back in time. Very clean and had great service.
I could only find a couple things wrong with it. It was impossible to sleep in. Roosters crowing (5:30 am) and loud noices from the street. And the foot steps on floor above. If not for these issues I would rate it a 5. The hotel has an old world, rustic tuscan feel about it. Comfortable bed. Very nice linen for bed and luxurious towels. Loved the antiques all through out. Didn't go swimming but honestly it should be alot cleaner. The sides had green algae on them. Wasn't appealing. I would defiantly stay here again. Weekdays preferably. My stay was a Friday nite. The women at desk at check in was an angel. We had a suite. Room 3.

Room Tip: Suite on third floor, corner room. Room 3 was beautiful but loud. Make sure you let them know you wa...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hughesgang
Jst01, Director of Sales at Club Comanche, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Thank you very much for your response, we are always trying our best to keep pur clients as happy and satisfied as possible and are always very happy about each comment which is the only way to maintain and improve our product and service.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon at the Club Comanche Hotel.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I booked this hotel/trip as a surprise for my fiance's b-day, just for the weekend. And after reading some of the reviews I was a little concerned about what to expect. Now that I have actually stayed there I am happy that I did. Initially when we arrived in Christiansted from the airport there was a local festival called "Jump Up" that was in full swing. Unfortunately this meant the street leading to Club Comanche was shut down, so we had to walk a block to get to the hotel. Initially I was very concerned as I walked into the hotel because in the night light the building looked like it was in poor condition. But once you enter the building(which is clean and well kept) you realize you are experiencing a piece of history. Our room was on the third floor(room 5) and was spacious with a fan, AC and flat screen television. Unfortunately 5 minutes after arriving my fiance managed to clog the toilet. When we notified the woman at the front desk she immediately moved us with no hassle to room 7. Just being inside of the rooms make you feel like you are part of history. As some of the earlier comments stated: YES the building is noisy! The floors are made from planks so often times you can hear people in the building walking around. However I didnt find this to be annoying instead it added to the feel of the building. Also since the hotel is attached to a bar, there are night that you will hear the bar patrons partying. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

On a side note, avoid purchasing food and drinks(alcohol) from the bars and restaurants on the boardwalk.They are very over priced. Instead try some of the off the board walk spots where the locals eat. In particular I would recommend "Kim's" cafe. Me and my fiance had delicious meal and drinks and the total bill was $7.00, Yes I said seven dollars!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AfroPrinz
Jst01, Director of Sales at Club Comanche, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you very much for your comment.
The Club Comanche Hotel is trying to permantly improve its installations and service therefore your comments are very important to us.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Club Comanche Hotel.

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Although the staff was very nice, the room was basic and ok, the pool was dark green. We moved to another hotel after just a couple days.

Room Tip: beware of roof leaks. I think this is common in many of the Christiansed boardwalk hotels
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank vivapd

Thank you very much fro your comment, we admit that we had some technical issue with our
pool cleaning equipment which resulted in the growth of some alga which afterwards was controlled.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and looking forward to welcoming you again soon
at the Club Comanche Hotel.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was invited on a trip so I wasn't aware of the area or hotel. My expectations weren't initially met but my experience in the area was good for what it was. Better company would've made my trip better but that's a side issue :-(. Just be careful of the room you reserve. Our initial room was in the building beside the pool (to the left from the lobby). It was very small and shallow. I, personally, didn't feel safe. The bed was on rollers on the wooden floor and would roll around if we weren't careful. The bathroom was very tiny. The tv was in the sitting area in the front of the sittingroom, so watching tv in bed was not happening. It was EXTREMELY noisy outside. With very thin walls and no real windows, it was our biggest issue. We were tired the 1st night and there was an event in the outdoor lounge. the DJ played VERY LOUD music, very late. Someone, we don't know who, clanked something glass or metal around into late hours. It sounded like glasses shattering. The patrons at the pool sounded like they were in the room with you. The staff allowed us to switch rooms (after 2nights) to the main building. Very old and historical. :-) We lost out decent view but all else was eliminated which made us happy. The new room was beautiful. Dark wooden floor, updated and very clean bathroom. Very comfortable bed. I felt safer now and there was a Tv we could see from the bed. The hotel offers adult theme nights at the outdoor lounge w local, Carribean and American music, all genres. Food and drinks. Boardwalk restaurants are within walking distance. Recreation is pretty much limited to watersports so pray for no rain and we unfortunately got a lot after the hurricane. So also be aware of the weather. For me, there wasn't much to do. I recommend this island only to relax. Take an island/rainforest tour w a cabdriver. They are very knowledgeable of their island. There's no sandy beaches unless you go to the other side of the island, pay for a snorkeling/partyboat tour or boat over to Hotel on the Cay. You can travel to the otherside of the island to the casino or take a hopperflight to another island. So be aware of what you want on an island vaca in St Croix or staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank MsDFly

Thank you very much for your comment which are very important to us.
As you have experience the Club Comanche Hotel is very centrally located at the boardwalk of the harbor in Christiansted close to a variety of lounges, bars and restaurants which do offer different types of entertainment all in walking distance.
The Island of St.Croix offers many different options of recreation since in its history has a variety of influences of the Spanish,Dutch,French,Knights of Malta, English and Danish occupational periods additional to the nature related activities (called the Green Island) and many more.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Club Comanche Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

This historic hotel, grounds and pool has character and is well kept. The requests we had were promptly handled. True, there is no elevator, but steps are good exercise. The room was very clean and the Sealy pillow top mattresses were heavenly. Yes, parties and receptions can be loud until 10 p.m. or you may hear the Comanche Yachtless bar next door until midnight, but it was not intolerable. It adds to the island atmosphere. The pool was wonderful and the maids very friendly. The remote controlled air conditioning worked very well as did the satellite TV. Wireless internet service works best near the window. We really liked the hotel, service and location close to the boardwalk restaurants, dive shop, and boutique shopping. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OHdivers

Thank you very much for your comments and the location of the Club Comanche Hotel additional to its historical touch is one of the most important competitive advantages.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 24 July 2011

The location of this Hotel is EXCELLENT, you a just steps from the BOARDWALK.
I read the reviews before booking this hotel and i was a little unsure based on what i read. Upon our arrival there was a Wedding Party going on, with a VERY LOUD DJ. I had been traveling all day to get there and i thought back to the reviews that i read. My thoughts were "what the hell have igotten us into." Shortly after getting into the run maybe 30 to 40 minutes the music STOP! Had i known the Boardwalk was just steps away we would had gone to drink that night.
Our room was nothing like the one's on the pictures, but it was very clean and i felt safe.
My voted is to stay there again. The staff, location and service made up for any short comings in the appearance of the hotel. Just remember Historical means OLD!!!
AND KEEP IN MIND WHY YOU ARE THERE, DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.
Enjoy your trip as we did. I hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your comments. The managements will have a look especially at the maintenance in order to improve our product even further.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at the Club Comanche.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I loved this hotel. I stayed in the Historic suite. The only complainant I had was the VERY thin walls. I could my neighbors below me laughing and talking all night. They were SUPER loud and the hotel staff did ask them to quiet down. The hotel was full and I never heard any other neighbors, so I'm guessing that these people were just being ridiculous. Other than that I have no complaints. The hotel is located in a very convenient area. I felt safe and was able to enjoy myself. The staff was very friendly. The hotel was always clean. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Jst01, Director of Sales at Club Comanche, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2011

Thank you very much for your comments and staying at the Club Comanche hotel and looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Hotel Caravelle on St. Croix
The Buccaneer St Croix
The Buccaneer St Croix
#1 of 14 in Christiansted
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Club Comanche? Share your experiences!