“Worth the experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Worth the experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I visited Club Comanche for business, and this was by far the most memorable hotel I have ever stayed at because of the age and architecture of the building. Loved the interior decor, wide staircases, old-fashioned elevator, and converted, one-of-a-kind rooms. It is also on the waterfront, steps from bars and great restaurants. Drawbacks: you can hear everything--I mean everything--through the floors and walls! I had a full conversation with my friend through the floor below me. Also, we had to search for the front desk staff more than once. Still, a fascinating hotel and worth the experience.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house. The rooms by the pool are very small and not nearly as nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Patrick B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

It was very important that I got a good night's rest given I'm a medical provider on business. I was to see patients early the next morning. Although it was a challenge to sleep through the music from the Rum & Wine Bar (which I could completely understand given it being Friday night), I was awaken by a rogue alarm going off in the next room. The walls seem paper thin given the all wooden strucuture. When I attempted to reach the front desk, of course I couldn't. The front desk staff also served as the bartender. So, my question is, if I had an emergency even slightly more imminent, would I've been able to reach someone for assistance? No.
I had to walk down, in my pajamas, to locate help. When I found a hotel staff, she directed me to the drunk guest who attempted to turn the alarm off to no avail. Apparently, it wasn't his room.
This is a serious problem. I do not intend to come back.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SheenaMyong

Travellers are raving about these Christiansted hotels

Christiansted, St. Croix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is going to be my new favorite place to go hang out in town. I went to a birthday party last night in the courtyard and WHAT FUN. It is a beautiful location and the food was wonderful and the service people could not have been nicer. The wine bar offers 4 glasses for $20.00 and a really nice selection of wines along with a full bar. I would highly recommend stopping by to this wonderful historic place in the heart of Christiansted. Ask Jack (the owner) to tell you some of the history. Very interesting. I have not stayed in the rooms but will make a point of doing so for an on Island Get-A-Way. Cheers

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The rooms in the main area were clean and comfortable. The rooms off the pool were clean enough. I travel alone so did not appreciate being put in a room off the pool area during a time when there were few guests. It is rather remote. As it turned out I was robbed of my phone out of my hand when I was entering my room one evening. I was not offered another room even though I voiced my concern. The staff during the rest of my stay were pleasant enough and one was extremely helpful. I do not recommend this hotel but it is located in a great geographic area.

Room Tip: One in the main area even though there are many stairs and elevator wasn't working while I was t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Victoria P
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a business trip. To start with, there is no parking for guests staying in the hotel. The access to the rooms is kind of annoying, specially if you are carrying three pieces of luggage. There are no elevators and it seems you are in a maze trying to find your room. The A/C in the room was not working, and even when I complained the problem was not fixed. The internet signal is bad. I checked out the same night and went to another hotel. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Cathy G
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I was given a room located a far distance from lobby that included a series of five set of steps with short and long walk ways in-between. The final corridor to my room was unlit and the first light switch into the unit was without a light bulb. I later learned the main building was closed due to a sewage problem which may have been evident by the putrid green pool. Each evening extremely loud music played from a club adjacent to the hotel until 2am. The room itself was newly renovated and included a very comfortable bed and new linens. A downfall to the room quality was the black water pouring out of the bathtub faucet which cleared in a few seconds. Disgusting! I tried contacting management and was greeted by a voicemail message. After leaving a time-sensitive message there was no return call. Stay away as you may be greeted by a posted sign, "Closed by the Dept. of Public Health."

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Jrglobaltravel
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

This property is difficult to locate and the staff was unable to provide directions from the airport. The rooms are beautifully restored. However, parking is non-existent and requires walking for several blocks on what seems to be less-than-safe dark streets. Additionally, when the office is closed, all easy to access doors are locked, you must navigate treacherous steps that again are not well-lit. No convenient restaurants after 7pm. Several glass window slats were missing from the windows which allowed street noise to overwhelm my room. Hot water was only warm and had low pressure. After the stay, it was practically impossible to get a copy of my receipt.

Room Tip: The best room for business travelers would be in a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business