After getting off the seaplane in Christiansted, we rented a car at Budget and asked the lady where Club Comanche was. She instructed us it was just around the corner. Most of the streets are one ways so it was already tough enough. We drove around and around trying to find this place with no luck. Christiansted is not that big, just a few streets so by this time we were very irritated. We stopped and asked the locals and again they said "right around the corner." There was no sign for this place and no parking. Finally a local on foot, showed us the way and told us where to park. Thank goodness we found someone otherwise I was about to check into a different hotel and cancel my reservation. Already annoyed that we drove around for an hour, we checked in and a lady brought us to our room. (The best service we had all along). When we got in there we tested the ac...it took about 30 minutes to even turn on and when it did it wasn't even cold. When we left the room, the ac would turn off because they were trying to "go green," which is great except for it took 30 minutes to turn back on. There was an inch and a half gap under the door, the place was very noisy as there was a bar underneath it and the windows don't open so you can't get fresh air. Oh yea, and the tv had ten channels, although 2 only had sound. All in all, the place was too old, needed better ac and not comfortable after days out on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Comanche - Hotel St. Croix is a charming boutique hotel placed in the center of St. Croix’ historic town of Christiansted. Established in 1756, as a townhouse for a Danish Doctor, it is one of the oldest buildings in town and has been home to the Comanche Hotel since 1948. The 23 unique rooms provide all modern amenities including free internet access. Our townhouse suites have been restored and furnished with West Indian antiques and replicas. Across the bridge and over the street, you will find the poolside Cabanas that put you front and center for boardwalk and harbor activity, plus a knockout view of the island beach at Protestant Cay, which is just a short ferry ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Club Comanche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Comanche Hotel Christiansted
- Comanche Hotel Christiansted
- Club Comanche St. Croix/Christiansted