“Old Historic Property”
Review of Club Comanche

Club Comanche
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed 8 November 2013

After getting off the seaplane in Christiansted, we rented a car at Budget and asked the lady where Club Comanche was. She instructed us it was just around the corner. Most of the streets are one ways so it was already tough enough. We drove around and around trying to find this place with no luck. Christiansted is not that big, just a few streets so by this time we were very irritated. We stopped and asked the locals and again they said "right around the corner." There was no sign for this place and no parking. Finally a local on foot, showed us the way and told us where to park. Thank goodness we found someone otherwise I was about to check into a different hotel and cancel my reservation. Already annoyed that we drove around for an hour, we checked in and a lady brought us to our room. (The best service we had all along). When we got in there we tested the ac...it took about 30 minutes to even turn on and when it did it wasn't even cold. When we left the room, the ac would turn off because they were trying to "go green," which is great except for it took 30 minutes to turn back on. There was an inch and a half gap under the door, the place was very noisy as there was a bar underneath it and the windows don't open so you can't get fresh air. Oh yea, and the tv had ten channels, although 2 only had sound. All in all, the place was too old, needed better ac and not comfortable after days out on the island.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jennifer P

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I visited Club Comanche for business, and this was by far the most memorable hotel I have ever stayed at because of the age and architecture of the building. Loved the interior decor, wide staircases, old-fashioned elevator, and converted, one-of-a-kind rooms. It is also on the waterfront, steps from bars and great restaurants. Drawbacks: you can hear everything--I mean everything--through the floors and walls! I had a full conversation with my friend through the floor below me. Also, we had to search for the front desk staff more than once. Still, a fascinating hotel and worth the experience.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house. The rooms by the pool are very small and not nearly as nice.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Patrick B
Reviewed 7 September 2013

It was very important that I got a good night's rest given I'm a medical provider on business. I was to see patients early the next morning. Although it was a challenge to sleep through the music from the Rum & Wine Bar (which I could completely understand given it being Friday night), I was awaken by a rogue alarm going off in the next room. The walls seem paper thin given the all wooden strucuture. When I attempted to reach the front desk, of course I couldn't. The front desk staff also served as the bartender. So, my question is, if I had an emergency even slightly more imminent, would I've been able to reach someone for assistance? No.
I had to walk down, in my pajamas, to locate help. When I found a hotel staff, she directed me to the drunk guest who attempted to turn the alarm off to no avail. Apparently, it wasn't his room.
This is a serious problem. I do not intend to come back.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank SheenaMyong
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is going to be my new favorite place to go hang out in town. I went to a birthday party last night in the courtyard and WHAT FUN. It is a beautiful location and the food was wonderful and the service people could not have been nicer. The wine bar offers 4 glasses for $20.00 and a really nice selection of wines along with a full bar. I would highly recommend stopping by to this wonderful historic place in the heart of Christiansted. Ask Jack (the owner) to tell you some of the history. Very interesting. I have not stayed in the rooms but will make a point of doing so for an on Island Get-A-Way. Cheers

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The rooms in the main area were clean and comfortable. The rooms off the pool were clean enough. I travel alone so did not appreciate being put in a room off the pool area during a time when there were few guests. It is rather remote. As it turned out I was robbed of my phone out of my hand when I was entering my room one evening. I was not offered another room even though I voiced my concern. The staff during the rest of my stay were pleasant enough and one was extremely helpful. I do not recommend this hotel but it is located in a great geographic area.

Room Tip: One in the main area even though there are many stairs and elevator wasn't working while I was t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

I came to this hotel on a business trip. To start with, there is no parking for guests staying in the hotel. The access to the rooms is kind of annoying, specially if you are carrying three pieces of luggage. There are no elevators and it seems you are in a maze trying to find your room. The A/C in the room was not working, and even when I complained the problem was not fixed. The internet signal is bad. I checked out the same night and went to another hotel. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Cathy G
Reviewed 19 January 2013 via mobile

I was given a room located a far distance from lobby that included a series of five set of steps with short and long walk ways in-between. The final corridor to my room was unlit and the first light switch into the unit was without a light bulb. I later learned the main building was closed due to a sewage problem which may have been evident by the putrid green pool. Each evening extremely loud music played from a club adjacent to the hotel until 2am. The room itself was newly renovated and included a very comfortable bed and new linens. A downfall to the room quality was the black water pouring out of the bathtub faucet which cleared in a few seconds. Disgusting! I tried contacting management and was greeted by a voicemail message. After leaving a time-sensitive message there was no return call. Stay away as you may be greeted by a posted sign, "Closed by the Dept. of Public Health."

• Stayed: January 2013