Club St. Croix Beach and Tennis Resort
Kings Alley Hotel(Christiansted)
King Christian Hotel(Christiansted)
Company House Hotel(Christiansted)
View Hotel
Hotel on the Cay(Christiansted)
  • Pool
The Buccaneer St Croix(Christiansted)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchentennis equipmentunits are privately ownedswimming lapsst croixpool and hot tubgreat place to eatrenting a carpeace and quietlobstercondoislandfurniturebuckoceanappliancessnorkeling
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I want to be as honest as possible when it comes to this resort. First off I must say I had a fantastic time visiting St. Croix. I'd recommend it to anyone, the people there a friendly and if you love the beach and a laid back atmosphere St. Croix is a vacation you must take. As for St. Croix Resort, the staff were A+, very nice and accommodating. Do keep in mind these are condos are owned by individual people so the upkeep is a shot in the dark, this resort is not an actual hotel so you don't get the amenities a traditional hotel would offer, this is like having your own apartment. I did like having the accommodation of an apartment b/c we were able to cut down cost on food, we stocked up on groceries from the store and were able to make breakfast in the mornings, etc.

We were able to check out snorkeling gear and kayaks, extra towels for free (as long as they were returned). That was a definite plus, we put them all to use.

The perk of the apartment: my fiancé and I shared a 1 bedroom apartment, full kitchen, living area, balcony facing the beach. My mother, grandmother and kids had a two bedroom apartment....this was great b/c there was ample space for everyone. There is one pool on location, we were there for 7 day and NEVER shared the pool with anyone. The traffic at this resort is very minimal, we loved it. It was like having our own personal pool. The kids loved it and put it to use every single day. The restaurant, Breezes which is one site was great. Never had a bad meal there. Just like the pool, we never shared the small beach either.

Now for the interior: I must say I am extremely particular about the cleanliness and newness of places I reside for any length of time. My expectations might be a little higher than any typical individual.....so this is where my ONLY complaint comes in. The interior of this resort is dated, very dated so if you can't get around that you might want to try more of an upscale resort. The place we initially were given had a ring in the toilet, the tub looked like it could stand to be replaced; actually the bathroom and kitchen looked like it could stand to be gutted and replaced as a whole. Once we went to the staff to get the rooms switched, the second place we were given was a notch up. The bathrooms and kitchen we still very dated, but much cleaner. I wasn't at my utmost comfortable there (due to the dated feel) but I made due. Please note I am very particular about these things, especially when it comes to a bathroom (which were only doable).

Remember, these condos are individually owned so some are much nicer/rundown than others. So, it's kind of like gambling staying here. I'd recommend it if you don't mind 2 star interior accommodations, while keeping in mind everything else this resort has to offer comes with no complaint.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank esbjonas
Reviewed 22 February 2011

I have never met more friendly, hospitable or pleasant people in all my world travel than I have at Club St. Croix. Many of the people here were long term residents or their visitors, and all were very happy to be in such a paradise. The grounds are lovingly cared for by an older couple who live here year round. The office is staffed by friendly women willing to give advice on restaurants and activities around the island. The restaurant on site, Breezez, is one of the best on the island for lunch and dinner with large, beautifully presented, delicious meals! The rooms can vary widely, but are basically large and comfortable with kitchens that include utensils, full size stove and refrigerator! The pool and hot tub are perfect and well-maintained. There isn't much more to ask for at this price. Renting a car gets you to all the best snorkeling beaches!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank saba888
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Have seen both positive and negative reviews, and I agree with them all. Staff wasn't the most friendly (Not Marriott for sure), but this is corporate housing/condos, and not a 5 star resort. On site restaurant "Breezez" has unbelievalbe food, large portions, and good drinks. NO issues with staff there. Pool was clean and available 24-hours, including a large hot tub. Rooms have spotty room service. I believe only 3-4 days a week I had service. The beach is not a swimming beach. Behind the reef and full of seaweed. This place is also next door to the refinery, so you hear that most of the night unless you have the AC on. No night activities there, other then the local condo bars right there. Know where you are traveling, and never alone in the area. OVerall, not a bad value, as long as your using it as a sleeping quarters and not much else. You'll need a car to get into either Christiansted (10 mins) or over to Fredericksted (30+minutes). There is a hot spot available, but not the quickest, and a little expensive.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bluecrash
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Arrived at resort with an email confirmation for 2 bedroom condo and was given a 1 bedroom unit. When I questioned the error, was told no 2 bedroom unit available; the clerk said was not her fault, she was not the person who made reservation with me (I made reservation over the phone), but could send us to a "sister property". That "sister" resort was totally unacceptable, but that is another review. My family and I lost hours of our vacation trying to find other accommodations. To further my frustration, I requested a credit card receipt for a refund of my deposit and was told to come back the next day and speak to supervisor. Do not trust this resort, even with confirmed reservations! Very poor customer service.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank FancyPantsNC
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Rooms were ok. You have a full kitchen so you can cook. This hotel is on the beach but it is horrible. Not able to swim beacuse of seaweed and grass. We traveled to hotel on the cay everyday to enjoy the beach. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay with no frills this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends