I've returned to Colony Cove year after year, and have now started to return to the same unit as well. A303 is a great unit to rent, it is fully air conditioned thru out, unlike a majority of the units at CC.
It had an additional air conditioning unit in the Living Rm/Dining Rm/Kitchen area.
Make relaxing after a day in the sun with the humidity very bearable. Opening the sliding doors and letting the ocean breeze in is also an option; I like the variety of both, but enjoy the fact that I can just veg out with the air conditioning on without having to "retreat" to a bedroom to get cooled off like you would in most other units. Out of 60 units at CC I believe only 4 are completely air conditioned. Not sure how many of those 4 are occupied year round and if they are rentable for vacationers like myself.
The owners of!A303 have continually upgraded/improved upon it year after year. Bedrooms have nice bedding on them, unit as whole has nice decor feels like home away from home as soon as you walk in the door.
Each unit at CC are individual owned by private owners and rented out either thru a management firm (Antilles), or rented by the owners (short & long term) or thru the owners appointed management firms.
I have never stayed here and not had a peaceful quiet stay , which is what I come to St Croix for. I have never encounter rowdy, loud partying people.
CC provides free Wifi, which is very convenient
The staff at CC are pleasant, enjoyable, and listen to issues as they come up.
The one thing I do not like is how they label Colony Cove as a Beach Resort.
Beach area is not condusive to swimming, lots of sea grass, etc. it is however an area to relax and veg our in on a lounge chair.
To call this a Beach Resort is a bit much. It is not amenity loaded (if that's what you are looking for. No elevators, which is fine with me. If you come after the main office is closed, you get your key from the security guard. That person is not connected with office and has no authority to really resolve major issues. Best to wait til the AM and have it addressed then. buildings are 3 levels, great view of the Caribbean Sea from A303. I can see Buck Island on clear days. CC is close to the sea plane port which is great if you want to island hop; weekend flight are cheaper, book early in the week.
Buildings are being painted a new paint scheme; mucho improvement from the old paint from before.
I continue to come here for its quiet peacefulness of it. I leave refreshed and invigorated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Condominium Resort situated beachfront, 2 miles from Christiansted & 29 from airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Colony Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Cove Beach Hotel Christiansted
- Colony Cove Beach Resort St. Croix/Christiansted