See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 November 2017

You are in middle of it all: City center, harbor life, tourism, historic buildings - and it is not noisy at all! From the balcony of rooms with sea view you can enjoy the view over the blue bay and the old Danish fort.
The hotel is a bit basic, but okay: Quite big rooms, big beds, nice bathroom, everything clean. A small pool, a small dining place in front of the hotel.
No private parking - must be found in the nearby streets.

Room tip: Ask for sea view, which most of the rooms have.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank OneandonlyNiels
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I had a nice visit to ST Croix. My room was big and very clean. Of course like most of ST Croix this hotel is old fashioned and could use some updates. The staff here were all very pleasant. Right on the boardwalk made it easy to get around town. I would recommend staying here and the price was Great!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 383jeffb
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

I didn't even stay here but was told a couple of days prior to this incident that we were free to stop by and use the facilities. I was sunburnt and needed to change into a tee I bought at one of the stores. Now, I'm a southerner and will greet anyone but this particular day, when I walked in, i could not understand what the girl said to me. She proceeds to chew out my husband standing outside telling me I need manners and that her manager wants to know who walked in. That so called "manager" refused to walk out herself. If it's such a problem, why were we told we could? If it's such an issue, why is there no sign? The pool area and restrooms are so nasty, that was enough for me to never stay here. I can only imagine what the rooms look like.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennB0518
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Let me say, I have low standards. I have been living in the Caribbean for years and have grown used to the ways that hotels handle the often less than optimum circumstances that surround them. This was an especially bad experience. When we arrived in St. Croix, we went out for dinner and drinks with friends. One friend had too much to drink and we invited her to stay with us instead of driving unsafe. When we requested a cot (listed as free in the description) we were told that although they had cots, no one was available to bring one. When I alternatively asked for an extra set of sheets, was also told no. Then subsequently insulted because we had been drinking. Told that I shouldn't be drinking, should "drink some jesus". Wifi was terrible, kicked you off every few minutes. We booked the room for three, only had enough towels for two. No beach towels provided. Hotel is on cistern, that's fine, but no free water, even though it is advertised as free bottled water. Elevator broken. Ice is in a cooler on second floor. Coffee maker but no coffee provided. Towels we did have smelled like old cilantro. The hot water took at least ten minutes to heat up.The advertised "premium channels" = ONE. Fan ridiculously noisy.
further more, the free parking is where ever you can find it in Christiansted, which is hard, prepare to walk.

Room tip: Get another room.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Daniel F
Reviewed 29 January 2017

This is very old hotel that needs a lot of upgrades. Our room was small as was the bathroom. The bathroom door was hard to close.

My husband tried to turn on the light in the middle of the room; it was frightening to see how it worked. He turned it off and we never used it again while we were there.

The first day, the bed was not made but we were left with coffee for the next morning. We locked ourselves out of the room as we were not informed that we should not press the button on the door knob to lock to room which pushed the pin out and prevented us from unlocking the door. The second day no coffee was left in the room. No issues on the third day. The fourth day we had no coffee. The fifth day everything was done as it should. Once again on the sixth day we had no coffee.

Overall the room was clean, but it became frustrating to constantly have to ask for coffee.

WiFi does not work in the room; on occasion it worked temporarily while at the pool.

There is an elevator however it is not operational. Fortunately, my husband traveled with me; he got my suitcase up the 6 flights of stairs to the third floor.

We had a corner room with a view of the harbor. This was definitely a positive. We were not bothered by street noise except for one early morning with a garbage truck picking garbage cans. The roosters were present every morning; as we are early risers we were already up by the time they started performing.

We liked the proximity of the hotel to the boardwalk.

Room tip: Corner room (# 312) is small compared to other rooms but gets a good breeze when out on the balcony because of having a wall on only 1 side.
Date of stay: January 2017