“Gentle Winds - Beautiful, Relaxing”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansted
Gentle Winds Condominiums
Reviewed 9 November 2005

We just returned from Gentle Winds Condos. Our Stay was Oct 25 thru November 3, 2005. Our Experience with the Condos and St Croix was EXCELLENT. Ours was a family vacation that included my wife, myself, our oldest daughter and her children (4 & 9), my youngest daughter and her husband, and my wife's sister and brother-in-law. We rented two three bedroom condos (units C-6 & A-6). I cannot say enough GOOD about Gentle Winds. The grounds are spectacular, the pool area was never busy (usually our group were the only people at the pool), the Snack Shack had the best hamburgers I have had in many years (the owner is an Executive Chef who has other restaurants on St Croix). The owner (The O'Neill's) of our condo, C-6, was very helpful. He assisted us in locating the second unit (A-6) that we required for our party of 11. My grand daughter met a couple girls her age (residents of the condo community) and was happy to have children her age to play with. Ours was a vacation for relaxation, although we did see some of the tourist attractions, went shopping, and enjoyed several of the local restaurants. C-6 is beautifully decorated and very well maintained. If you are looking for a Laid-Back and Relaxing Vacation, Gentle Winds and St Croix make an excellent combination. I have included some of my photos from Gentle Winds and St Croix. I hope you enjoy yourself at Gentle Winds and St Croix.

• Stayed: October 2005
18  Thank yachtman

Reviewed 26 October 2005

We loved the condo we stayed in. D1. Very clean and the furniture is very comfortable. Loved the tropical colors throughout the condo. Decorated nicely. We relaxed the whole week at the private beach and pool. The whole area at Gentle Winds is kept clean. And we enjoyed the snack shack for drinks and lunch. If you are planning to stay there you have to ask for D1.

• Stayed: September 2005
6  Thank PamE
Plainview, NY
Reviewed 1 September 2005

Gentle Winds Condos on St Croix is heaven on earth. If you want a vacation that is relaxing, with almost nothing to do, st croix and genlte winds is for you. please get a bushwhacker at bobby's shack

• Stayed: February 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2005

I returned last week from a glorious week in St Croix and we stayed at Gentle Winds. Our unit was delightful. We stayed in L2, a 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo with ocean views. Our family of 5 including a teenage boy and 2 twenty something women had a rejuvenating, relaxing delightful week. It was in the low season, so it was pretty quiet at Gentle Winds (much to the dismay of the teenager....the girls wanted to vegg). The unit was clean and had a tv/dvd which we used every night, with rentals from the local Blockbuster. Bobby's Shack by the pool is wonderful. His chicken quesidillas, burgers and lobster salad were all winners. Personally, we did not love the beach. The ocean there has many of the broken shells so walking around the shallow water was not pleasant. The tennis courts were great and the basketball court was fine. We would stay here again in a heartbeat. For the price, cheaper than one hotel room, we had a second floor master suite with decks off the bedroom and sitting room on either side of the condo, one facing the ocean and one facing the mountain. We watched the Perseid star shower on August 12 from the deck and watched shooting stars for hours. It was big enough that no one got in anyone's way. The kitchen was complete with full size fridge, oven, stove and microwave and was complete with all sorts of pots, pans and complete set of dishes. They also had many flashlights and candles in case of a power outage. One small inconvenience was the water pressure is pretty weak. And the swimming pool had cracks all around the preimeter of the swimming pool. This was simply a beauty defect, otherwise the pool was great and we lived in it. It is 10 minutes from town so we found the car to be a necessity. We loved the condo, the island and our week together.

• Stayed: August 2005
15  Thank emuna
Ridgefield
Reviewed 19 August 2005

We spent a week at Gentle winds during Aug. Low season, just a couple of people on the beach. The beach is one of the best on the island. It is no Trunk Bay on St. John, but very good - nice and clean. The units were built around 1970-1980, so the age started to show up inside the units, in the pool and some structures. However, grounds are very well kept. A small bar by the pool with some sandwiches and drinks where people tend to hang out and congregate. Safe for children and kids. Location is very good - close to both towns on the island and other attractions (15-20 min of driving). Scuba places nearby with very good underwater scenery for both beginners and pros. Bucaneer Hotel may have better grounds but it is a hotel not condo. Otherwise, we didn't see a better place on the island and we drove all over the place. Overall, great value that's why we give it 5 stars. It is no Ritz but very good and safe place.

• Stayed: August 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2005

I have been staying at Gentle Winds for about 5 or 6 years now, usually 2-3x per year. We have stayed at C-2 and I-10, which are both excellent units (3 bed.). It is so peaceful and convenient to the water and snorkeling or diving. Bobby's Beach Shack had wonderful drinks and food. The pool and grounds are kept immaculate and my grandchildren love to come in the summer and are content to play in the water or on the grounds.

It is a wonderful family spot and good place for families to meet.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed 22 June 2005

My husband and I along with my immediate family stayed at Gentle Winds June 8-June 19, 2005. Gentle Winds Condominiums are a perfect choice if you are looking for a relaxed and exclusive atmosphere. The grounds are immaculate, the pool always warm and clean and the beach is stunning. Most of these units serve as people's second homes, therefore it is not a "resort" type atmosphere. At times my family were the only people occupying the beach so crowds are NOT a problem at all. Renting a car is necessary as this location is a 10-15 minute drive to the nearest grocery store and 15-20 minutes from downtown. Walking to any destination is not possible and taxis can get a little expensive.

Unit C-6 is a wonderfully appointed condo with a spacious layout. Our group of eight never felt crowded. All amentities such as linens, utensils, etc. are provided. You are able to grocery shop at several markets within a reasonable driving distance. Prices are a little higher than the states which is to be expected. Nothing is completely unreasonable.

I highly recommend exploring the island and its beaches during your visit as they are all very unique and beautiful. The island is very mountainous and greenery is in abudnance. A very nice change from other islands that I have visited.

Nightlife is a little lacking and a good distance from Gentle Winds, however we were told by many locals that we were visiting during "off season". The places that you do visit are very accomodating with a wide variety of drinks at reasonable prices.

If you're looking for a relaxing vacation in the sun I would highly recommend Gentle Winds. Also, both my husband and I noted that this is the perfect place for children as the grounds are expansive and there are not large crowds. It would be very easy to keep a close eye on them while giving them room to run!

Enjoy St. Croix!

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Tamarind Reef Resort, Spa & Marina
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa
The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Palms at Pelican Cove
#2 of 14 in Christiansted

Been to Gentle Winds Condominiums? Share your experiences!