“Incredible! Best food on island coming from someone who lives near New York.”
Review of Rowdy Joe's

Rowdy Joe's
Ranked #2 of 109 Restaurants in Christiansted
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I ate dinner here tonight. They have a variety of food options. It's definitely what I would call a whole in the wall which to me is a compliment. You will not get an ocean view here but from our experience at least so far the places that offer ocean view you can only find overpriced pub food such as a chicken sandwich that will cost you almost 20 dollars. We have become sick of the below average overpriced hotel food as well. My wife had the Mac and cheese and I had the chicken parm. I was very skeptical to order the chicken parm because I have never had truly good chicken parm outside of the New York vicinity and who would expect it to be good in the Caribbean. But I would have to say it is among one of my top chicken parms I have had. My wife's Mac and cheese was also excellent. So at this point how good it get better. Well it did. The home made ice cream is amazing. Save room for it. The wine at least the Cabernet we had was average. Another good place we came across to eat is at Harvey's restaurant in Christiansted. Only can go for lunch. Very authentic Caribbean food. Excellent

3  Thank Chris S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We loved Rowdy Joe's so much, we ate there twice during our stay! It doesn't look like much from the outside and is lacking in the ocean view department but the food is creative, fresh and a great value for the price. We loved the fish tacos and caprese salad. They also have daily specials that we enjoyed on our return trip. Best of all, they make homemade ice cream every day that is the best I have ever had! We especially enjoyed the mango toasted coconut and red, white and blueberry. The service was great too! Add them to your list of musts!

1  Thank Mermaid_at_Heart2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love hanging at Rowdy Joe's! My family and I frequent the restaurant, enjoying any and every thing off the menu. My fave side dish is the Asian Noodles. Fave app has got to be the Panko Fried Brie. The service is super fast and attentive! Spencer is an amazing bartender and server (my fave)... I've experienced dining here with family, friends, dates, and on my own. This is a must visit spot when on St. Croix.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Loved stopping in and tasting what the special of the day was! Chicken Parm was divine as well as the Turkey Club! Then the homemade ice cream!!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ate at Rowdy Joe's multiple times during our week on St. Croix. It quickly became our go-to spot when we couldn't think of anywhere else to go. We enjoyed the casual atmosphere and felt comfortable stopping in to eat regardless of the time of day and what we were wearing. The menu was diverse and always had interesting items to try. I did find the food itself to be a bit heavy for my tastes. Spurred on by the great reviews, I kept trying different items each time we went, hoping to find "my dish." I never did. My menu choices were always good but not great. My husband felt the same way. This was not our favorite place on the island but we dined here many times regardless. We could always count on great service and good food at Rowdy Joe's.