“Better than ever!”
Review of Good Spirits - CLOSED

Good Spirits
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Delicatessen, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Famous for our great food, friendly service and great prices! Call for hours and specials.
Portland, Oregon
“Better than ever!”
Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

Returned for vacation and found Good Spirits to be even better than last time. The menu has some great new items like shrimp alfredo that is delicious and the desserts will blow your mind. Have eaten there three times now and have enjoyed live music, trivia night with great prizes, and very friendly owners. They have a good selection of necessities too as we picked up a carton of eggs there one morning. Extremely happy there is such a great place on the east end of St Croix.

ny
“good food and drinks!”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Ate here a couple of times recently, had really good wings and nice strong drinks. Folks were super friendly.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Friendly owner and great food”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We had take-out recently from Good Spirits are were very pleased. Jason is a nice guy who went above and beyond to help with some touristy questions. The food was fresh and delicious as well.

Raleigh, NC
“Geat BBQ and great info on where and what to do”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

My wife & I were out just doing some exploring and headed back to our villa....needed ice so we stopped when we saw the ice machine out front. We were greeted by Jason, the owner, and got into a conversation about what to do. What a great source of info! We bought BBQ sandwich for lunch, had one of Jason's Bloody Marys (I want him to try mine...they're both good) and after he drew spots on a map he gave us of what to see and where to eat we ordered ribs to pick up that evening because our daughter and her family were arriving on the island that afternoon. All the food we had including sides were very good. Sorry to see the negative reviews....our experience was completely different. I highly recommend this place for outdoor eating or take out. Jason and his wife, Bennett, were accommodating, friendly and informative ...the food was great too!

Miami, Florida, United States
“change in owners...”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have to agree with the other reviewers....I used to get my Mexican fix here, but since they have new owners, they should probably re-vamp their menu or close the restaurant, one of the two, because I can make better Mexican food at home. The meat wasn't seasoned and they just poured some Pace-style salsa on top of my enchilada. It wasn't good! I can't speak for their BBQ, but I've taken my Mexican-food business elsewhere.

• Visited March 2012
jmbatl, Owner at Good Spirits, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Very sorry to hear of your negative experience. The restaurant did change ownership back in November, 2011. We do have a new menu for the upcoming season. If you'd like to give us another try, please ask for me when you visit.

Best wishes,