I just can't stop raving about our week at the Villa Margarita! It was everything we hoped for and more! Adele and John have created an oasis of relaxation on the north shore of paradise!
Here's what you'll find at the Villa Margarita:
- Lovely villa - scrupulously clean, nicely decorated and meticulously maintained
- Peaceful, tranquil setting at the end of a gated, private gravel road
- Breathtaking view
- Small, private beach for watching the waves and soaking up the sun
- Beach chairs, towels, coolers... everything you need for a day out at the local beaches
- Balcony (or deck) where you can sip your Cruzan rum drinks
- Tiki bar overlooking the pool
- Restful hammock with a view of the water
- Swimming pool with deck chairs
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, toaster and electric frying pan (as well as dishes, glassware, flatware, etc.)
- Comfy bed with tropical-theme linens
- The roar of the surf and the whispers of palm trees to lull you to sleep at night
The Villa Margarita is situated on the north shore, just a quarter of a mile from Salt River Bay (the original landing spot for Christopher Columbus). The closest restaurant, Pirate's Tavern, is at the Salt River Marina and is only about five minutes away. Other places to eat can be reached via a short, scenic drive.
We stayed in the one-bedroom East suite, which has an open floor plan bedroom, living room, dining area, kitchenette and bathroom. There are ocean views from every room, including the bathroom! We could literally see fish swimming in the shallows! We loved eating breakfast in our little hideaway overlooking the pool and the surf breaking on the reef before heading out for our daily activities.
Be sure you don't miss the happy hour - Adele has a wealth of information about the local area, including restaurants (Rowdy Joe's, eat @ Cane Bay and Salud), interesting activities (Jump-Up and the Cruzan rum factory tour) and great beaches. There's so much to see and do, we'll have to go back!
Thanks so much, Adele and John!
Catherine and Oscar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Margarita is your own private piece of paradise! Our award-winning luxury beachfront villa located in the exclusive and pristine Estate Salt River nature zone on St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands, a unspoiled and lush tropical environment emanating tranquility and overwhelming your senses. Surrounded by large palm trees gently swaying in the soothing trade winds, you'll quickly enter the peaceful, relaxed Caribbean world you've always dreamed about. Take a few steps to your own private beach and immerse yourself in warm, crystal-clear turquoise and emerald water. Snorkeling and kayaking are ideal at the coral beach in front of our villa, and swimming at the white sandy beaches on either side. Splash around in our fresh-water swimming pool, sunbathe on the spacious deck, or curl up with a good book in a hammock under a palm. Our villa is literally minutes from the island's best dive sites, including the famous "The Wall", and the nearby marina offers a wealth of activities from boat tours, fishing charters, diving, sailing, and mangrove kayaking. Secluded for intimacy and privacy, yet minutes away from local restaurants, entertainment, and the charming old Danish town of Christiansted, Villa Margarita is the perfect recipe for your perfect holiday! Whether you're looking for a single suite or to rent a whole villa, choose the star of the St Croix vacation rentals in US Virgin Islands! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Villa Margarita Hotel Christiansted
- Villa Margarita St. Croix/Christiansted