“Great option for snorkeling”

Croix Boy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Croix Boy Adventures offers private and custom snorkeling tours in and around the varied reef areas of St. Croix. Up to six people can enjoy either a half or full day excursion along with fully customized trips available too. If wild water sport rides are what you need, try out the 8 person Mega Tube or the 5 person Jumbo Dogg. Rides leave daily from different locations so call ahead for times and reservations.
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We booked a morning snorkel tour with Captain Craig for June 5 while on St. Croix. Having done the "large group" snorkel tours, we thought this one would be a nice alternative. There were 5 of us traveling together, and from the time we were picked up right on the beach where where we were staying, the tour was a delight. Our group include people of varying snorkeling abilities, and he was able to personalize his explanations and what we were doing to meet each person's needs. He answered many questions about the island below and above the water. From booking the tour to explaining about coral, fish, island history, etc., this was a wonderful experience and one I'd highly recommend if your are looking for an opportunity to snorkel while on STX.

1  Thank Sharon N

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Having never been to St Croix, we did some research on what to do with one day during our cruise. I came across Capt Craig and am so glad we spent our morning with him and Capt Bob. We had a great time snorkeling with both of them in the water pointing out things and making sure we were seeing all the great fish, lobster, turtle, etc. We combined the snorkeling excursion with a parasail ride that was the highlight of my son's week. Both captains made sure safety was a priority and it was the most thorough safety briefing we'd ever seen with parasailing. Both guys were a pleasure to spend time with and thoroughly knowledgeable. It was by far the best use of our time and money while on St Croix.

2  Thank noagent
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My girlfriend and I used Croix Boy for a half day snorkeling experience around St. Croix. It was great! Highly recommended.

Both Captain Craig and Bob were great hosts. We appreciated their professionalism, sincerity and service-mindedness. Neither my gf or I had snorkeled before, so on the way out Bob gave us a great introduction to snorkeling and fitted us with gear. As we went past different sights, Craig would tell us about them and weave in some island history and fun facts into the story. Both Craig and Bob seemed very competent and we felt very safe in their company. Unfortunately, that day the waters were quite murky, but Craig took us to several places until we found somewhere with decent visibility. So,in the end we'd learned how to snorkel, seen various species of fish and lots of coral. A fun day!

2  Thank Fredo79
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Captain Craig Cook is the perfect host. We did a sea sight seeing tour with snorkeling and a trip to Buck Island. He had water toys to ride on too with the boat which are great fun to play on to cool off.

Captain Cook was very well versed on the history of the island as well as the waters. He does offer fishing charters too but on this trip we opted for an island and snorkel adventure.

He does offer an extra adventure with Sky High Parasail, we did this as well. This is also a wonderful experience. Safety and security was of high relevance and it was a very comfortable
safe ride. I have had other rides from the ground and a platform, but this was one of the easiest take off and landings I have ever experienced in Parasailing.

We wanted to do some fun land adventures and Captain Cook introduced us to some of the finest
offerings we could ask for on Saint Croix. He took us to the Crab Races, The Cruzan Rum Factory, Thursday night art night, and a pub crawl that included a Pig encounter that we will soon not forget.

Captain Craig Cook, was raised on the Gulf Coast and is a USCG certified. A great experience and fun time was had by all aboard. We will be going back soon and hope to spend more time exploring with Croix Boy Charters.

2  Thank bellacraftella .
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This was my first trip to st. croix and i was traveling with my brother, my 17 year old who recently had brain surgery, and a 9 year old with arthritis. the first activity we did was the tube pulled behind the boat. i could not believe how reasonable this was.we decided the 17 year old should not attempt this due to the bumpy nature of the ride. They took us out, explained everything as we went and one drove while the other watched us. They were very quick to adjust as needed. We enjoyed it so much, we booked a trip the next day for a snorkle trip.

I tell you about the health conditions and ages of those traveling with us for a reason. You can book many trips through other companies there. while they might be nice, it was important for us to not be hearded with a large group of tourist, and be rushed or pushed beyond what we physically were able to do. They promised us a relaxing, at our pace trip, that took our needs into play. That is exactly what happened. I can not tell you how much information they gave us and prepared us for what to expect. Always we were in the water with craig, and or Bob. We were never left alone, or without supervision. We were told not to touch things, because they might be something that could hurt us. They explained the fish and used a pointer to make sure we saw everything there. they listened to us! They heard us say what we wanted to see. I wanted a sea turtle, my son a lobster, and my other son an octopus. They searched to make sure we all had a chance to find these things and to our surprise we saw them.

After bobbing in the water (no pun Bob) my brother got motion sickeven with very little waves due to an ear problem many years ago. There was no question one stayed with myself and the boys and the other swam my brother to shore. My brother is a good swimmer and had a life jacket and this was a very short distance but they went with him. As he sat on the land they both came with us. They didnt watch the clock to hurry us back. They took us to places the big tour places were not. We had these areas to ourselves which only made it better. When my 17 year old needed to rest one swam with him to shore and me and my 9 yr old continued.My brother tried again to no avail but said an island to himself was priceless.

When my 9 Yr old asked could he swim with them to retrieve the boat against the current they said sure. This slowed them down as he got tired. Bob helped to pull him on one side and i did the same on the other. I later found that they did this with my brother. It was just another way to show how important we were and not just another customer.

My brother really wanted to parasail. They do this water sport as well. Now anyone will take your money when the season is slow, but not Craig, and Bob. They told him he might also get motion sickness since he had trouble in the water and said it might not be a good idea. My brother was thankful to have not thrown away money, as well as get sick again.

There were other things too. They knew my son had recent scars and they brought sunscreen for him. They also encouraged us to drink lots of water and had it cold in the ice chest. They treated our personal mask with a fog protector. Im sure they other companies do not take that time to make you feel special as these two guys did. It was the highlight of our vacation.

One final thought. It was also a time of sadness for our family, as my father worked for hess oil many years ago and he and my mom stayed on the island. My father spoke to us about this being the most beautiful waters. He was not lying. Bob and Craig took us on a special boat ride in honor of my father. They took us around the harbor. They knew this day our feelings were of sadness, and times in the past. They gave us time to think of my father and the boys to say silent prayers. After a while we just cruised in the boat. They talked to the boys to help change the somber atmosphere. I can promise you not even family does this stuff! These guys will forever be in my hearts and my families for the love and consideration, and the dedication to us. I will return, and i will book my trips with them, and them only. I hope this encourages others to book with them. I know they will treat you the same way.

4  Thank 39andholdingontight
CroixBoyCharters, Owner at Croix Boy Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank You for the wonderful review! We certainly do appreciate your business. I am so glad that the boys had such a good time and we can't wait to see you again. Captain Craig