“Wonderful experience getting to know Jennifer& Lionel.”

Arawak Bay: the Inn at Salt River
Ranked #1 of 13 Christiansted B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

The Inn is quaint and lovely. The hosts, Lionel and Jennifer,were wonderful as were the breakfasts. They invited us to a private party which was lovely. The Inn is remote, but we had a car and liked being away from the business of the towns. I would return!

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 25 October 2012

The Arawak Bay Inn at Salt River was really nice. It's a small hotel and the proprietors went out of their way to make sure our group had everything we needed. We had a small party at the pool one night, and the owners arranged for our use of the building on top of nearby hill overlooking the water that is owned by the park service. They really bent over backwards to give us incredible service.

The rooms were large and included refrigerators and wifi. The beds were super comfy!
Because of some family issues, owner Jennifer wasn't there the whole time so they brought in a friend, Fanilia, to help with breakfasts and guest relations. We all just loved Fanilia, even though we struggled with the pronunciation of her name! She was a good sport about it! LOL!

They were flexible on breakfast times for us, made special breakfasts for our "meat and potatoes" guy and the coffee was Lionel's special blend!
All in all, we highly recommend Arawalk Bay: the Inn at Salt River!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Contrary to what I was told, there is really nothing close by in walking distance. You must have a vehicle to get to a restaurant or store or beach. A "ten minute walk" may apply to a very fit Power Walker but not to your average person.

The owners are having some family health issues at the moment and it is NOT a good time to be here. I don't believe it is always like this.
Try back in about 6 months to a year.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Marciphoto
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Arawak Bay for our 25th wedding anniversay weekend. We had such a nice time! The rooms are large and the beds were so comfortable! Breakfast is included and it was always good, eggs benedict or pancakes, french toast, omelets, lots of fruit and coffee. There is a large veranda outside the door with chairs where you set and look over the ocean. It is close to the "wall" which is great for snorkeling. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for peace and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I have been coming to St Croix for many years and can't understand how I missed this jewel. From the beginning Jennifer was very accomodating and helpful. She answered all of my questions and was happy to accomodate us. We arrived rather late and she was able to arrange for us to pick up the key to our room with out disturbing everyone else in our party. My mother had arrived ahead of us and Jennifer took into consideration the children in our party and placed us in a larger room. Both Jennifer and Lionel were welcoming and really strived to make sure that each person had a great time. Breakfast was always hot and most times cooked to order. The pumpkin pancakes and delicious fruit salad were a treat along with the great morning conversations.

If you are adventurous you can start your day with a 5:00 am walk with Jennifer. I am convinced those walks helped me leave with out all the added pounds from the wonderful carribean food we ate.

We plan on staying again the next time we are in St Croix. We appreciated the attention to detail and the open and welcome feeling we received from Jennifer and Lionel.

Room Tip: If traveling with children there are two rooms that share a bathroom. it is perfect for families wi...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My first trip to St. Croix with my husband and his family. Clean rooms, friendly staff and the the owners are great people. Wonderful wonderful stay. Thank you for having us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I've been coming to this hotel for a few years now on business, and as I always say, there's nowhere else on-island I'd rather stay.

Jennifer and Lionel are amazing hosts, and their staff is top notch. The rooms are big and well-appointed, quiet, and the balconies offer a nice view. As I've stated in the past, the only drawback is that the hotel is located in a dead-zone for cell coverage, but there is a land-line phone in the rooms, and the Internet works reasonably well.

Jennifer and Lionel are what really make this place great, though. For example, I got in around 6pm, had to do some work, and before I knew it, I realized it was past 9pm, and nowhere would be open for dinner. I was starving after a day of traveling! So I went downstairs, and despite the time, Lionel took time out of what he was doing to go out back and fix me something to eat. Just another example of why this is the best place to stay on St. Croix.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansted
Club Comanche
#2 of 3 in Frederiksted
The Palms at Pelican Cove
The Palms at Pelican Cove
#2 of 14 in Christiansted

Been to Arawak Bay: the Inn at Salt River? Share your experiences!