“lovely relaxed hotel by the habor”

Holger Danske Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Christiansted
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Great located right down to the quay where exotic fish and small sharks swam rounded. Good large rooms, good service. Wonderful to be able to walk right out of the room and into the restaurant when you where you could eat delicious breakfast or excellent good dinner. In evenings in the restaurent there were musical entertainment several nights, Great Jazz and folk music.

Only a few details could be better.

You can use the computer at the front desk for free, but it is very slow. They offer wi-fi but it's slowl or simpely fails. Someone began road close to the hotel several mornings from 5-6 pm, but it was not the hotel's fault. The water in the shower is slow to warm up, but it works. There is no safe in the rooms, so you have to use the ones in the front desk. But if you can live with that i can warmly recommend the place for singels, couples or families.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Holger Danske Hotel

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed at the Holger during the first week of December while looking for a long term rental on St Croix. First room I received was being colonized by an army of sugar ants. The front desk staff were great and gave me another room immediately. Street construction was ongoing during my entire stay, so it was an adventure getting to and from my work location to the hotel. I am really grateful that there were numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. All the staff were friendly, but from I could tell this is a favorite spot for the Danish Tourist. Breakfast is served in Angry Nates bar but get there early or you will be waiting for quite awhile. Overall I would stay there again if need arises, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed 21 December 2012

While I have no complaints about this hotel, I also just found it average. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is right downtown and I found it to be very quiet which is important to me. I only stayed here for one night and was on business. It meet my needs and was clean and comfortable. The hotel has free parking. There was no elevator, so if you have an issue with stairs keep this in mind. I stayed in room 203 and have no complaints about my room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 December 2012

The Hotel was average no screen on bathroom window which was 6ft tall just luvars which were broken. had to keep bathroom door closed or your room was full of bugs, hot air. The restaurant which the hotel gave you free $10.00 breakfast coupon per day to eat breakfast. After the 2nd day we went next door and paid for breakfast $10-$12. At Angry Nate's we got lousy coffee if any at all... with a lousy attiude. or told "That will be a problem" when asking for an ice tea. If and when you got a chance to place an order they had an attitude. They might be out of something or the cook was not in the grill was broken they didn't have pancakes. The Manager Bryan was so rude on the second night when two of our friends had just ordered a Samboka and Cognac 3 minutes later he ripped them out of their hands and poured them in to styrafoam cups then 5 min. later came back and told (TOLD not Asked) all four of us to give him back his 4 plastic chairs he was locking them up and had to put them away. 21 of us were there for 6 days after the second day none of us ate in the resteraunt for lunch, dinner, or for drinks. Lets do the math... Lunch, dinner for 21 people.... times 5 days .....at about $25 a person His partners are in Australia and some place else while he's running the business into the ground. The first night I had a $30.00 dollar drink bill I gave the waiter $50 ($20 tip) I allways tip heavy so they remember me. I usually get a warm greeting next time they see me and will allways make sure I'm OK. I took my business elswhere were the people were friendly which was anyplace but there. Angry Nate's stick a fork in it....it's done.

Room Tip: 215 & 315 are the best views everything else is a dungeon
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CaptainPaul6900
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We decided to stay at Holger Danske based on it's proximity to S.C.U.B.A and quick eating pre/post diving. We stayed in room 212 which was about 3-4 doors down from Angry Nate's and the boardwalk. I was able to hop off the dive boat still in my wetsuit and in a matter of two minutes walk to my room and shower off/de-salt my bathing suit/wetsuit/fins etc. There was also a little patio outside that we were able to lay out our wet gear to dry off.

We always travel with a sound sleep machine so I can't really attest to the noise too much. If I ever did hear anything though it was the seaplanes but it wasn't a big enough deal to fuss over.

The beds were comfy and the rooms were kept very clean. The fridge was AWESOME and the microwave was convenient even though we never ended up using it. The pool was probably the best part. We were able to grab a drink from angry nates and sit up on the pool and watch the marina, the tarpon in the water, and the sunset. The pool was kept clean and we were in it nightly (unless we were diving).

We only had two cons and they weren't that serious. 1. the bathroom has a window with blinds and no glass so if you're running the AC you have to close the bathroom door. That means if you want to get primped for an evening out you probably can't do it in there as it gets humid. 2. The parking isn't ideal but it's managable. We originally parked on the street right next to the hotel and walked up and around the boardwalk to get to our room. After diving in Frederiksted we parked in the hotel parking (which is only 4-5 spaces) and walked down to our room. Once again, not a big deal.

Overall, we would gladly stay again. You can't beat the price or the convenience to everything. The week that we were staying in STX, Hotel Caravalle would have been an extra $500 which I would have much rather (and did) spend on diving and dinner.

Room Tip: If you are diving with S.C.U.B.A get a room closer to the boardwalk and make sure you stock up on ju...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stanggirl
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We arrived 07/26/2012 to the hotel. It was easy to find, but they have about 4-5 hotel spots to park and it is usually shared by the front desk employee. This is a small hotel and we didn't have any problem finding a parking. The 1st room was clean and a good size but the TV didn't work, We were immediately sent to another room, The 2nd room was slightly bigger, We had the standard double full size bed room. It came with a mini fridge and microwave, The internet wasn't working so now I have to allot to catch up with posting pictures for my family. But not a biggie. The cleaning service was awesome and honest! My suggestion here is that you find out who is your cleaning lady and give her the tip directly, You get what you pay for, but no big deal as we were out of the room early in the morning and didn't return until late, The island has plenty to keep you and family occupied. If you value your sleep I recommend you request a room farthest from Angry Nate's as it get loud on the week ends, THIS HOTEL is all about LOCATION!!! EVERYTHING is within walking distance in Christianstead. There is a washer, dryer, ice machine and a soda machine in room 201, I would recommend this place for a family, single couple or a group of friends.

Room Tip: For good sleep request the farthest room from Angry Nate's. Give your tip directly to the per...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel is great! If you're looking for a great stay at a great price- this is the place to go. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable about restaurants and things to do. The rooms were newly renovated and looks great. I have stayed in both the double and single rooms and they were both great. It is located in the town area and right around the corner from the seaplane. So as you get to STX you can go to the hotel. The staff works fast so there isnt a long wait for a clean room. I never had to wait- regardless of the time I check in. My last stay there was fabulous! I will be back again and again and again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo