We stayed back in June this year and upon arrival were greated by a very welcoming staff. The location of the property probably just can't be beat on the island (in my humbble opionion). It's right on the beach (one of the best ones...) and you can snorkle and swim right there (we saw a turtle within 3 minutes of snorkeling one morning right outside our door).
That said, let me paint a picture to better describe what one might expect to those of you who that are considering staying here....
The cottages are clean, kept up well but certainly nothing fancy. For many...this works out perfect. But for the fancy-smacies that are looking for pampering and luxury...well you're in the wrong place. The staff were very nice and eager to get you relaxed and settled in. The hotel has this very laid back/homey feeling that embraces the "island time" low key attitude that is needed to appreciate the ilsland.
I really liked it and it made a great home base for us for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted, U.S. Virgin Islands