The best thing about this place is that you open your room door and are steps from a beautiful beach. It is very laid back and the staff are very friendly and helpful. They have bikes, kayaks, beach toys and snorkel equipment that you can use for no charge. Rooms are not fancy, but very clean and everything works. Good beds, linens and pillows (not the junky stuff you get at similarly priced hotels). Kitchen has all you need to cook all meals, and they have 2 gas grills you can use. No restaurant. The restaurant next door is only open Friday through Monday! Even during Christmas week - strange! Our family highly recommends Cottages. Rent a car, for sure, unless you plan on chilling at the beach every day. This is not a place for people who wanted to be waited on and taken care of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted, U.S. Virgin Islands