If you're looking for a typical upscale resort in a tourist area, then stay away. But if you're comfortable with a magnificent beach, friendly people, you're own cottage and calm waters, then this is the place for you. We just returned from 10 days in St. Croix and absolutely loved The Cottages. Everyone was most accommodating and friendly (need directions to the store, restaurants, etc.?). The snorkeling right there was great - among lots of fish saw squid and on the last day a spotted ray! It was so nice being able to snorkel whenever we wanted. Yes, we rented a car and toured the island and did two sail trips. Buck Island was beautiful - we went with Teroro II (very nice group), snorkeled an hour by the reef (saw sea turtles) and then spent a few hours on the beach (even good snorkeling there). All in all it was a wonderful trip and we plan on returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1949, Cottages by the Sea is a family owned and operated, beachfront, boutique hotel, located just south of the town of Frederiksted on the island of St. Croix in the US Virgin Islands. Our goal is to provide our guests with a quiet, friendly, relaxed, truly authentic Caribbean beach vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cottages By The Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages By The Sea Hotel Frederiksted
- Cottages By The Sea St. Croix/Frederiksted, U.S. Virgin Islands