“Nice Beach to Hang Out On, Kind of Rocky”
Review of Rainbow Beach

Rainbow Beach
San Carlos, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice Beach to Hang Out On, Kind of Rocky”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This beach is known as a family hangout on the weekends but is pretty deserted the rest of the time. On weekends, big groups barbecue. You just park on the side of the road and there's a pretty large area of sand. There is a bar at the end and you can listen to the music and get a drink or food if you want. There are no public restrooms here. My son enjoyed the water but be careful of rocks. I wear water shoes if I go into the surf.

Visited December 2011

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Beach for Cruisers looking for a low-key beach”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My cruise shipped docked in St. Croix and it was about a 10 minute walk to Rainbow Beach. My friend and I spent about 3 hours bumming on the beach and going into the clear water and we had a great time. There was many other cruisers on the beach with us, but there was plenty room and more on the beach for all of us. Make sure to bring your own towel and lots of sunscreen, the sun gives some serious rays on this beach that reflect of the crystal blue water! For those that want refreshments, you have the opportunity to walk further down the beach to to grab food and drinks. I saw plenty of people trekking back and forth with their buckets of beer strolling on the beach. There are also a set of picnic tables further back between the beach and the road for those they do not want to trek all the way down to the beach or just sit and chill out.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Angellica M
Boston, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Great beach”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I am really reviewing Rainbow Beach because it's hard to add an attraction. We spent a fantastic day on Rainbow Beach which was a beautiful walk from the cruise ship port. Others from our cruise were there and did rent stuff from these guys, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

The beach is not quite as calm as other Caribbean beaches but there was awesome walk-out snorkeling back closer to the port (almost at the pier). It was really great.

Visited February 2012