Mount Victory Camp
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Frederiksted
See available hotels
  • Pool
  • Pool
Holger Danske Hotel(Christiansted)
Club Comanche(Christiansted)
  • Breakfast included
Kings Alley Hotel(Christiansted)
View Hotel
All reviewseco lodgean excellent teacheran incredible experiencemattcarmenbungalowavidtentsurvivaljunglewificookingpavilioncommunitysheetsstcroix
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Mount Victory. The site is beautiful and exceptionally peaceful. Our bungalow was perfect for our family. We cooked most of our dinners at the camp, either in our bungalow or at the communal kitchen. Matt and Carmen are wonderful hosts, both friendly and knowledgeable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Mt. Victory Camp is great for people who want a no-frills vacation. The shacks are very down to earth but being in the rain forest means you are sheltered under the a natural canopy. We found this place by accident. We wanted a tour of the rain forest and stumbled upon this place. Carmen was our guide ans she provided us a short tour since we were on our way to Fredriksted, less than 4 miles away. Although we did not stay overnight at this place, the accomodations look nice for people who do not want a hotel feel and more of a camp experience. I recommend this place and you have a choice of a short tour or a long tour. Carmen is very knowledgable!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This camp is exactly what I expected and I loved it. Facilities and huts were clean and aside from a few small lizards were pest free. Matt and Carmen were very hospitable and offered valuable info about St. Croix and specifically Frederiksted. Be sure to arrive during the day because the road leading up to the camp can be a little intimidating to a less experienced driver. And when in the rain forest be prepared for it to rain at a moments notice! I had a great time and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Mt. Victory Camp is wonderful place to get away from it all. It's great for people that want to experience more of an adventure on their vacation rather than the typical, boring hotel feeling. The drive to the camp is like driving through a movie set, you're literally driving through the jungle with trees overhanging the road the whole way. Just awesome. The screened in cabins are perfect for being close to nature which is such a big part of St. Croix that you just can't get if you stay in a hotel. We had some pretty heavy rain for two days, which we heard was very unusual for St. Croix but we were very comfortable and dry the whole time. It was so cool to feel the wind whistling through the screens of the cabin and hear the rain pounding on the roof as we slept. The beds were comfortable. The facilities are clean, and the kitchen in the cabin was very easy to use. Matt and Carmen, the owners, are very nice and accommodating. We will definitely be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathon Z
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently had the pleasure of taking a vacation to the US Virgin Island of St. Croix. For my week long stay I booked accommodations at Mount Victory Camp. My choice to stay at Mount Victory afforded me opportunities I would not have had at any other resort, hotel or camp. Mount Victory Camp is more than a place to stay, it is a medium in which to learn, grow and experience all that the Virgin Islands have to offer.
The Camp is owned and operated by Carmen and Matt Corradino. The Camp is a paradise. There are several bungalows and a camping area to choose from. All of the bungalows are impressive and their rates are the best on the island. Ours was built into the ruins of a schoolhouse. When booking with them I strongly suggest surveying your interests and coordinating personalized outings or classes with Carmen and Matt. They are renowned wilderness survival / primitive skill instructors, avid surfers, historians and genuinely cool people. My traveling companion and I scheduled nature hikes, cooking classes, snorkeling excursions and an archery class. I have already made plans to return and intend to allot additional time for classes catered to my interests.
Your stay at Mount Victory Camp will exceed your expectations if you are inclined towards surfing, outdoor recreation and/or the teachings of indigenous peoples. While on a hike with Carmen and Matt, I had a realization which epitomizes what they’re able to offer. We were walking down a trail and I reflected that a walk with this couple is like having a pair of docents in a museum. Except their museum is the natural world and their area of expertise, much broader. I planned my return trip to Mount Victory Camp before I left the island.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends