“Amazing food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mim's Seaside Bistro

Mim's Seaside Bistro
Ranked #26 of 259 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Mim’s Seaside Bistro is a beautiful oceanfront restaurant in St. Thomas that specializes in fresh seafood dishes. With house specialties including coconut curry lobster, baked stuffed lobster and conch fritters, Mim’s is a little slice of heaven for seafood lovers. We offer everything from king crab legs and fresh fish to chicken wings and creative pasta dishes. Our two large patios are the perfect setting for a relaxing dinner by the ocean, and our location right on the beach at Bolongo Bay gives us access to the best sunset view around.To get your appetite going, choose from our lobster and crab dip, coconut shrimp or calamari appetizers. For the main event, pick from one of our countless seafood dishes like the Grilled Mahi Mahi, King Crab Legs or Breaded Sea Scallops. For those who don’t particularly enjoy fish, we have plenty of non-seafood options to choose from. Try our stuffed artichoke hearts, fried brie, chicken alfredo pasta or one of our juicy steaks. Enjoy the island breeze while sipping a beer or one of our unique cocktails, from the always-popular Caribbean Margarita to the more daring Sex on the Beach in Winter or Beach Bar Bomber. Make sure to save room for our Key Lime Pie or Butterscotch Walnut Bread Pudding.
Brockport, New York
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Mims is a great place to eat in St Thomas. The food is very delicious and so fresh. Its a very small restaurant right on the beach with very friendly and quick service! I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal in the virgin islands!

Long Island City, New York
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Nothing fancy here, but friendly staff & seated right away. Wahoo was very good with a little kick to it. Linguini w/shrimp & crab meat in lobster sauce was also very good . Server was good guy who was attentive . Was told this restaurant was hit or miss
Overall good experience. Will come back.

Visited August 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Beautiful view, but.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here on a recommendation from the Marriott concierge. The restaurant is open air; right on the ocean; one of the best restaurant views anywhere. The food was tasty, but was a little pricey. My wife got the daily special, all-you-can-eat peel and eat shrimp and I had the grilled salmon. Both dishes were $29 each. The least expensive item on the menu was around $25.The couple with us ordered entrees which were the same price. The menu was definitely geared for tourists. A word of warning: they do not offer fried shrimp; fried scallops, yes, but no fried shrimp. We also waited around 10 minutes after being seated before we were waited on.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Food is good, but watch your bill!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our family of three decided to check out Mim's after finding it on Yelp. We cabbed it over and got seated right away. I had called ahead and they told me I needed reservations, but when I got there the place was dead and they didn't even ask my name or if I had reservations. We ordered the sea scallops, snapper and curry lobster. The food was all good and the waitress (Connie) was attentive until we got to the end of our meal. She cleared our plates and then was MIA for 15-20 minutes. She obviously knew we were done eating since she cleared the table. My husband went up to the front and asked for the bill. This is where things really turned sour for us. The bill was $167. Yes, for three people. The lobster that she told us was $49.95 for the small was listed at $69.95. Then there was 15% gratuity already added in. I am usually a 20% tipper, but this was annoying after ripping me off on the lobster. I had my kid with me so I didn't want to make a scene so I paid and we left. If it was just me and my husband I would have definitely said something. I read the reviews after I came back and it sounds like this practice of jacking up the price to tours it's is common. What a shame to do this to the people that help your economy. But... as they say what comes around goes around! I contemplated giving 2 stars, but the food was decent so I refrained.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manorville, New York
“Overrated poor staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Many people told us that this was one of the best restaurants on the Island: WRONG!! The service was absolutely terrible. Our appetizer never showed. Two of the four people in our party could not eat their meal. One had overcooked dried out salmon and the other had a simple Cesar salad that had way too much dressing. The other two meals were good not great. On our ride back to the hotel two people sharing our cab had the same thoughts about the restaurant.

Visited August 2014