The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
US$317
US$344
US$179
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
US$640
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
1,084 results
All reviewsclub levellady lynseywater sportscoconut covegreat baybeautiful propertygolf cartpaddle boardshobie catsnespresso machineincluded in the resort feeturn down serviceblue waterbottle of champagnesunset sailbeach servicevirgin gorda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The ride from the airport was interesting, a full van-taxi but only one other stop, about a 40 minute ride. The check-in process was seamless and we got right into our room. We had a Club Lounge room and the breakfast, lunch and late afternoon snacks were great considering a drink at the pool was $13-$17. We didn't try any other restaurants at the Ritz so can't really comment in food, but our in-room dining was so-so, and crazy expensive. The rooms are very nice (smell musty a bit), the beds amazing, great bathrooms, and a beautiful balcony with a fantastic view of the beach. We never had trouble finding chairs at the beach and the service was great!! A quick cab ride into Red Hook for the Ferry to St John and dinner twice made the location pretty great! Get your free gift from Jewels (shop) it was a great present to bring home!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank LGTWifey
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Recently spent 5 nights during a work function. I won't comment on food since our meals were all group buffet types and not typical representations of the restaurants on property. The rooms were very nice, beautiful views. Good service. Great drinks. Everything expensive as you would expect. The hotel grounds are a bit average - everything feels a bit packed in and the grounds didn't have the beauty of other resorts I have visited. Family friendly so keep that in mind if you are looking to bring kids or avoid them. Worth a stay but if I am in the Virgin Islands again, I'd probably try something else to see if I find a place I love.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CandJF
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We had an outstanding time during our too short stay. The Ritz has very amenity imaginable. Perfect pool, nice beach and wonderful views of the ocean and the island of St. John. The staff was wonderful - especially the front desk team. Perfect location near Red Hook and the entry to the BVI's.

1  Thank HuskerJag
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have been regular visitors to this particular Ritz Carlton property for the last 10 years with our most recent trip being this past February. One of the eagerly anticipated hi-lights of our stay here is the Spa experience. This past Spa visit was by far the very best Ever! My husband and I have come to love, appreciate and respect our Massage Therapist, Jill. My husband could not have asked for a better 90 minute massage twice that week, which for him, set the tone for this vacation. I came in with a multitude of physical issues, including a brick-like back. With her vast education and training, Jill's knowledge of body mechanics, her pro-active approach to carefully get to the root of the issue along with her gentle spirit, she literally changed my life. Jill knew exactly what I needed when she put just one hand on my back and for me, three 90 minute sessions with Jill that week helped recalibrate my body and mind. I went back home feeling healthy, relaxed and eager to stay focused on and use the health tips she gave to continue down this path.
I would love to see this Ritz Carlton Caribbean gem enhance their Spa by adding opportunities to be educated on nutrition, the importance of eating well, juicing, etc.

2  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We knew the ritz brand had declined from the moment of our arrival. Greetings were cordial, but not very friendly. We not offered a drink or water as is typical basically of a ritz. We were given no information about the resort facilities.
We ate dinner at the outside bar that night. Service was extraordinarily Ritz . However, the next morning we could not get into breakfast. It had rained several hours earlier yet the outside seating had not been dried yet. We did receive an apology , but not until the next day..
We went to the bar for dinner on another night after an earlier rain and explained to them the cushions were not needed on the outside seating and they could dry the wet areas. After finally accommodating us, the did the same to the entire patio which quickly filled with guests.
Although the food at coconut grove was good, the service was poor. We had to request bread and water. We shared dishes and asked they not be split, but they were.
There was no one available to bring towels or set up chaises at the pool or beach. It was completely a do it yourself job.
Servers for refreshment at the pool and beach had to be flagged doe. We were never approached.
Generally, the facility appeared understaffed and light on management. ( We have noticed this at the last several Ritz's we stayed). Comments among locals confirmed the resort was now more typical of the parent company (mARRIOT) than the resort it once was.
We first stayed here over13 years ago. The service and overall ambiance was outstanding. We were sold on the ritz Carlton brand because of how exceptional our stay was.
We have finally realized the warmth and service we had previously experienced is no longer part of this chain.
Although our overall experience was good, it was not the experience we had come to expect.
Pp