I am travelling to St.Thomas and will be staying at the Ritz this month. My issue so far with the hotel is the Concierge. We are going down for a girls trip. We have reserved the Ritz Carlton Penthouse as well as an ocean front adjoining room. We were extremely excited about the trip until I contacted the concierge asking for help renting some jeeps while on the island as well as help with airport transportation. It's not as if I was asking them to fly special flowers in from the island of Hawaii or asking for a rare bottle of pinot noir to be waiting for us. I mean, after all, I'm paying for the penthouse and another room...you think I would get a bit more service. All I was asking for was help with renting a car and airport transportation. Nothing else. This has been going on for days. Still don't have jeeps. Finally got the airport transportation but only after we did the leg work. Spoke to someone in the concierge and she informed me that they could only give me suggestions but could not help with reservations....HUH?!?! You're the concierge. I've gotten broadway tickets, dinner reservations, a picnic packed, etc, etc. from other hotels before but I cannot get them to help with basic request?? I was told by the one concierge lady that she would have her supervisor call me today. In fact, she promised. Guess what. End of the day and haven't heard a word. At this point we have come up with other transportation alternatives after spending two hours on the phone calling around ourselves. Can't believe I'm paying all of this money for service like this. We are still going and plan to have an enjoyable time in spite of this. After all, the airline tickets are non refundable and my one girlfriend comes back every year (stays at the Westin). I feel bad because I'm the one that insisted that the Ritz would be the best....keeping my fingers crossed...I will write and let everyone know how it goes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within a 30-acre beachfront estate, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas blends classic European elegance with warm Caribbean hospitality. The resort overlooks sparkling turquoise waters and white sand beaches on the eastern tip of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, along Great Bay and with views of St. John. 180 Guestrooms each have private balconies, Caribbean-inspired decor and views of the Caribbean Sea and tropical surroundings. Other features of our beach resort in St. Thomas include a full service spa and salon, 24-hour fitness center, a Club Level with private concierge and complimentary food and beverage presentations, infinity pool, a beach and aquatic center with ample complimentary water sports, and four restaurants for gourmet dining and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Hotel St. Thomas
- St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands