I always enjoy the Ritz-Carlton. This location, however, could have been slightly better. In summary the lacked almost completely the attention to the detail.
The welcoming to the hotel was chaotic. We had to seek multiple people, before we were escorted to the check in. We were not offered a welcome drink like every other guest in the lobby. They also gave us a room from the lowest level even if my profile "requests" a high level room.
The rooms were very nice and they had a great welcome gift for us. This got full points from us. We also stayed at the club level, so we had access to the lounge. The lounge was great and we had very memorable conversations over there with other guest. They had decent breakfast service, but otherwise the food offerings were amazing. They also had local rums available with different flavors, which we enjoyed.
I think the only problem with the lounge was that their "backstage" was immediately close to the buffet area and the staff continuously kept a lot of noise, so from time to time, it was not that relaxing. However, at most times it was.
We also visited the gym for yoga class and other activities. The gym looked like it had very new cardio machines, but otherwise they had not kept it up very well and the cleanliness standard was average as at their retail store, which was definitely in need of renovation, new class shelves and cleaning. On the positive side, they had great activities center on the beach, where they had different water sport equipment available for use. We had so much fun trying out everything.
The very best experience was the hotel's catamaran Lady Lyndsey. We took a sunset cruise on it and it exceeded our expectations multiple times. The boat itself was clean and well organized. The staff was super professional and entertaining. Moreover, the food and drinks were delicious. Word cannot describe the tour as it was so beautiful. This was the highlight of our visit at the hotel.
I guess the Ritz should not relax too much while their guest do as it really shows. Hopefully, they step up few levels in their game at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within a 30-acre beachfront estate, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas blends classic European elegance with warm Caribbean hospitality. The resort overlooks sparkling turquoise waters and white sand beaches on the eastern tip of St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands, along Great Bay and with views of St. John. 180 Guestrooms each have private balconies, Caribbean-inspired decor and views of the Caribbean Sea and tropical surroundings. Other features of our beach resort in St. Thomas include a full service spa and salon, 24-hour fitness center, a Club Level with private concierge and complimentary food and beverage presentations, infinity pool, a beach and aquatic center with ample complimentary water sports, and four restaurants for gourmet dining and personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas Hotel St. Thomas
- St. Thomas Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas U.S. Virgin Islands