“Best Vacation EVER!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Canandaigua
“Best Vacation EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just returned from a wonderful experience at Villa Marbella Suites. Traveled with a group of friends and we had the entire Villa to ourselves. Leah and Gunnar are the most accommodating people I have ever met. They have the most beautiful location inside and out. All the photos you see are exactly what the Villa looks like. The rooms are modern, clean and very comfortable. Whatever we needed - beach towels, coolers, directions, gas grill - Leah and Gunnar were able to help us out. All the rooms are nicely stocked with everything you could think of. The views are amazing. We had 5 days of 82 degrees and sunshine! As you can see from all the other reviews, this is THE place to stay when traveling to St. Thomas. We were welcomed like family and hated to leave. I still can't believe we found such an awesome place to stay. So if you are traveling to St. Thomas in the future, please be sure to stay at Villa Marbella Suites. It will be the best decision you ever made! Can't wait to go back.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank canandaiguaNY
JagerSt_Thomas, Owner at Villa Marbella Suites, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and we are so happy that you had the best vacation! Please come back and stay with us again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

You know when you book a place online...and then it doesn't quite match the pictures?

Well, no worries here. First, the pictures don't do this property justice. It's beautiful, the views are amazing, and that pool is pretty much the best thing ever at the end of the day. Especially with a cold beer in your hand.

There's also an awesome beach just a short walk away. All you have to do is follow the trail from the driveway and boom...a deserted crescent-shape white sand beach, all yours. I felt like I was living in a postcard.

And Leah and Gunnar are great hosts. My fiancee and I were only staying for a couple of days before heading home. And for some reason, we decided not to rent a car.

Well, we realized our mistake within an hour or so of getting settled. And Leah was right there with a car for us--even with our last-second notice. She and Gunnar also gave us a ton of recommendations for stuff to check out on the island.

All in all, I'd happily give them six (stars? dots?). Or more.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What an awesome review, thank you so much! I am so glad that found we represent what we have, nothing that we don't! Yes, when you book with us, we suggest renting a car as it is the best way to see our beautiful island. We really try hard to keep visiting the Caribbean affordable, and our rental car prices are very competitive! We can't always garuntee that we will have a car available if you don't reserve early, as we are a small company, but we do our absolute best to make something available for you! Our rentals are 2012, 2013 and 2014 models!
East Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed 5 nights at Villa Marbella Suites and it is everything we could have wanted and more. Villa Marbella on a hill top and offers spectacular views of the aqua blue Caribbean and the Mt. Side. We spent a lot of time amazed by the views from our room windows, which was the Mountainside View Loft. Villa Marbella is off the beaten path and if you want private look no further as the only noises we heard were occasional chickens and ocean waves. We stayed here with four of our friends and in doing so the entire property was all ours. We all spent a lot of time at the pool which was so peaceful and again the views were fabulous. Beyond the best vacation spot ever to stay and the non-stop fun all over the island...Gunnar and Leah made everything even better. They were both so accommodating and made it feel like we were family (not over bearing in anyway)! They new everything from where to go, what to see, where to eat and Jagger their dog became our group mascot. Don't worry though he has is own routine and just likes to make sure everyone is accounted for. There were to beaches within a 10-15 minute walk from the suites and easy down hill. That being said remember to be ready to walk back up, so bring good walking shoes. This is the first time my husband and I had been this far from home and it felt like we never left, as we were so comfortable there. I would have to say that we both definitely recommend staying at Villa Marbella Suites in St. Thomas. We will at some point be going back~ No doubt!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Leah, Gunner and Jagger for making us feel like part of your family!

Danielle and Michael Franklin

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stair choose one of the two smaller rooms and not the lofts. Otherwise per...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DFranklin2014
So many of our guests love Villa Marbella that they come back every year! It does feel like we have a very big family!! We hope that you come and stay with us again too! Jager loves our guests too (I think it's the treats and crumbs he gets while he makes sure you start your day off right with a good breakfast! :)
Moody, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent View and Location!!! Leah and her staff pay attention to detail, and airport pick up and car rental are great options when staying on this island! Leah and her staff were very helpful with giving suggestions of places to eat and things to do while visiting. We will return....

Thank you Leah! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew S
Thanks for staying with us! So glad that you enjoyed Villa Marbella and the Jeep!
Osnabruck, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was on the wonderful island St. Thomas -which is really just like paradise- for a medical conference being held at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef, but did not want to stay in the conference hotel since I was looking for a familiar atmosphere which you really cannot find in a big chain hotel. Therefore I booked the Mango room at Villa Marbella for a full week and had such an amazing time! I couldn't have been happier with my choice! Leah and Gunnar offer outstanding customer service and hospitality and are absolutely magnificient hosts! They gave me great advice about things to do during my visit. Leah picked me up from the airport. I also rented a Jeep from Leah and Gunnar, and it was in excellent condition and reasonably priced. The Mango room is just small but clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. The size didn’t matter because I spent the days on the conference and on exploring the incredible beautiful island. I would definitely recomend a stay at this cosy hotel and if I ever come back to St. Thomas I will definitely stay again in Villa Marbella Suits with Leah and Gunnar!
Greetings from Germany, W. Wagner

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We gladly welcome guests that are hoping to experience something different than a big hotel! We are so happy that you stayed with us and enjoyed the room and the jeep! Being able to pick up our guests at the airport who have rented a car is a great way to get to know you and for us to show you some great highlights on the way back to Villa Marbella!
Canandaigua, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Completely enjoyed my recent 5 night stay at the Villa Marbella suites! I went on the trip with 5 of my friends and we rented out all the rooms which was a blast, and I would so recommend staying here with a group of friends. Leah and Gunnar made us all feel completely welcome and at home. They gave great advice for navigating around St. Thomas and places to go and were just fun to talk with and learn from. They have a gentle sweet natured dog named Jaeger that just further added to the home away from home environment. While all 3 of them were there to welcome you, they were never intrusive. The pool was delightful (pristine and warm and the most amazing view). I stayed in the Mango room which is the smallest of the rooms but it was well kept, comfortable and plenty big enough for the amount of time I planned on spending in it with the incredible weather we enjoyed in St. Thomas. Because I stayed with friends, I also spent time in all the other rooms and I would have been happy if I had rented any of them . There is a good variety in room size so should be able to accommodate a variety of desires/needs. All the rooms had a small fridge, microwave, and hotplate so if you did little grocery shopping breakfast and lunch were easy to do. They also provided an outdoor grill so if you wish too, supper was easy to do too but I prefer to supper out while on vacation and try the locale eateries and Leah and Gunnar made some excellent recommendations for that as well. The Villa is up on a hill out of town which is my preference. It does require renting a car to get around if you wish to see other parts of the island, but Leah and Gunnar have rental cars so it was easy and if you are flying in and rent a car from them, they pick you up and drop you off at the airport - NO STRESS! We were also able to walk to the beach from the Villa, and I really enjoyed the hike. It was just the perfect combination of activity and serenity, and I hope I get to visit again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie E
What a great Review of Both Villa Marbella and Paradise Rental Cars! Thank you so much. It was a pleasure hosting your entire party!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent a fantastic week staying with Leah and Gunnar. They were terrific hosts, giving us recommendations on where to eat and great tips on how to navigate St Thomas. Villa Marbella is off the beaten path, and we definitely recommend renting a car (Leah and Gunnar will rent you one!). But don't forget to stop reminding yourself, "Left side of the road!"

The views from our room (Cruzan View) were amazing! Seriously, check out some of the photos. And make sure you check out the beach that's down the walking trail from the Villa. And, finally, one of the best parts: don't be surprised if their adorable dog, Jager, pays you a visit. He's a handsome senior puppy that loves company.

We'd definitely recommend this place to anyone researching places to stay in St. Thomas. In fact, we've already told our friends!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AdamFerrisSmith
Thank you for the great review for the room and the rental car! We are fully licensed for our small rental company which means we are safe and reliable! We do our absolute best to keep our prices reasonable so that everyone can enjoy their much needed vacation! We look forward to having you back again in the future!