“Staying at Villa Marbella is like staying with a good friend!”

Villa Marbella Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 December 2010

After bragging to my girl friends about my vacation to St. Thomas in July of 2009, we decided we should go together! So my two friends and I planned our trip. There was never any doubt where to stay. I enjoyed Villa Marbella so much the previous year, I could not imagine staying anywhere else. The mountain hill side suite was large enough for the three of us to share comfortably. The owner, Leah welcomed us as if we were all old friends. She helped us plan our excursions and offered shopping tips and advise as well. But honestly just relaxing at the suite, in the pool or on the deck was just as fun!
There is no better way to stay on St. Thomas. We ate a quite breakfast before heading out for a day of fun. We packed the cooler, beach chairs and towels that were provided with the room. And then for our last meal of the day we ate in the suite or went to a restaurant Leah recommended.
I've already planned my trip to return to Villa Marbella for this April. This is becoming a habit!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Your hostess, Leah, will do every thing in her power to make your stay enjoyable and fun. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, equipped with refer, microwave and hot plate, coffee makers, you can prepare your own meals if that is your pleasure. They also provide beach gear; cooler, chairs, umbrella, and beach towels. Leah knows the Island and can recommend places to eat and see. The view from the Villa is fabulous, I was looking for a place to sleep before a week long sailing class and found an Island retreat that I will bring my wife and kids back to. Download the directions to give to the cab driver if you don't rent a car.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Another GREAT stay on St. Thomas at Villa Marbella. Leah is a terrific host. The location is excellent, the views are incredible, and there is even access to an almost "private" beach which is beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

We had a wonderful stay at Villa Marbella. Upon our arrival at 8pm we had a rental car and got lost. There are very few street signs or lights on the island so it is sometimes hard to find your way at night - plus you have to concentrate on driving on the left side! We just called Leah and she talked us there. It was so nice to see a smiling face when we arrived after 12 hours of travel. The room was wonderfully clean and comfortable. It felt like we had our own apartment on the island. I heard from several people during our time on the island that not all the hotels are very clean. Our primary goal was to relax and find great snorkeling. Leah had a map waiting for us and suggested the best beaches on the island. Boy was she right! There are some beautiful beaches! She also provided beach chairs, a beach bag, and a cooler which was so helpful. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalJen09
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Villa Marbella is a fabulous place to stay while in St. Thomas. The owner and proprietor, Leah, really makes this place. When I first met Leah, it was like meeting a long lost cousin. She invited you warmly into her house, shared all of her local knowledge and was there for you if you needed anything. I would certainly recommend visiting Leah and St. Thomas.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Villa Marbella Suites, in the Frenchman's Bay suite, to attend a friends wedding and celebrate our 15th anniversary. Upon arrival we were greeted with exceptional hospitality that included a welcome gift (bottle of rum). The welcome gift came in handy since we arrived in the middle of several days of rain associated with a tropical cyclone in the area. The rooms in the suite were exceptionally clean, comfortable and well stocked. Included in the rooms were everything you would need for an outing to the beach, including beach chairs, beach towels, and rolling cooler. The room had a very cozy porch overlooking the pool. The pool had a great view of Frenchman's Bay and was a great location to unwind at the end of the day and watch the cruise ships leaving at night. The owner, Leah, was extremely helpful and provided great tips on where to eat and visit. She also went out of her way to help my wife and I celebrate our anniversary with a complementary bottle of champagne. The location is a little off the beaten path, which was great to get away from the crowds, but I would highly recommend having a rental car when staying here. I would highly recommend the Villa Marbella Suites, especially the Frenchman's Bay suite, and hope to stay there again myself.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

My wife and I stayed here last year and loved it. This year we brought another couple with us to see how great it is. Leah is a fantastic hostess! The room was always clean and stocked with stacks, water and coffee. We love staying here because of the central location and secluded feeling perched up on the side of the mountain. The views are amazing!

Thanks Leah for another wonderful vacation! We'll be back again next year with the entire family this time!

You won't be disappointed at Villa Marbella!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Sapphire Beach Resort
Sapphire Beach Resort
#4 of 5 in East End

Been to Villa Marbella Suites? Share your experiences!