“YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME! and the best host ever”

Villa Marbella Suites
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Anyone who gave this property anything less then a 5 out of 5 was a bit unfair, in my personal opinion. Indeed, we enjoyed Villa Marbella so much, that we recommend it highly to everyone. The Mountain Side Loft was large enough for the three of us to share comfortably, in 2 double beds upstairs. The very clean swimming pool is a plus. The day bed downstairs was a nice bonus. The kitchen is small but fully equipped and you can prepare an easy meal in no time. All utensils are new or like new. There is a microwave, a small stove and a small fridge. We especially appreciated all these aspects: 1). Leah was waiting out in the rain, on the porch, at midnight, on a torrential shower, when we arrived with a 2 hour delay - I do not know of anyone else but my own mom, who would do that for me; and that was the only rain St. Thomas got in 12 days. 2). she made our beds, cleaned up and picked up our trash daily, the loft was very cozy and clean; 3). we rented a car, the place is on top of a hill, in a place of unspoiled beauty with the best views of the Frenchman bay and all the tropical lush vegetation and flowers around .... not so easy to find, but we found the place in OK time due to her detailed explanations; 4). she gave us several gifts as a welcome, including 2 small bottles of Cruzan rum; 5). she made my son happy with some toys for the beach, and both my son and my husband got some snorkeling gear as a free rental; we also got folding chairs and top-quality beach towels and she changed them every few days. I have no words to describe her outgoing, welcoming nature - very friendly, and at the same time, very respectful of the guests' schedule, privacy and preferences. We stayed for 12 days and felt like home. Special thanks, Leah, you are the best! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Villa Marbella Suites

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Everything we needed was there, loved the room with the step up to the large bathroom, tile floors throughout- very comfortable with amazing views even from the small window in the bath/ completely different atmosphere than hotel or resort chain. Leah made us feel very welcome. There was a brief power outage while we were there however Leah was totally prepared for it and we were not inconvenienced at all. We rented a car which worked out very well as Villa Marbella is somewhat up off the main roads (which provides the amazing views) We would definitely go back ASAP

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Villa Marbella for 8 nights. It was absolutely above and beyond our expectations!!! We stayed at the Cruzan View room, which is very spacious, has kitchen and dining area, new bathroom and most importantly – a terrace with a great view. Leah (the owner) is very helpful and friendly; water, beach chairs, beach bag and beach towels are complimentary. A little welcoming gift was very touching too! The room (or rather an apartment) is very clean and nicely decorated, housekeeping service is provided daily; has free internet access. If you will have time – the spacious pool will be all to yourself and the view from that side of the house is fantastic too. We hardly used the pool though, since we usually spent the day on the beach. Villa Marbella itself is conveniently located between Charlotte Amalie (the downtown) and Red Hook area – with easy access to both. You definitely would need to rent a car for your entire stay, which will be cheaper at the end and more reliable then taxis, not to mention the flexibility you would have. We will definitely be staying at Villa Marbella again when we return to Virgin Islands!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2010

After reading all the reviews I had a really good feeling about this place.It was exactly what I thought it would be.Very relaxing, quiet ,very clean, breath taking views, and great customer service.You feel like you have known Leah all your life and you are just staying at a good friends place.Very safe and nicely tucked away from the downtown area.Yet close to everything.Leah was very helpful with giving great advise where to eat and what beaches to go to.Having the beach chairs,cooler and morning coffee was awesome.Would not even consider staying else where next time.The pool was beautful also.Keep up the good work Leah.Hope to see you next year. Dan from Canada B.C Kelowna

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2010

My boyfriend and I very much enjoyed our stay in St. Thomas and that is largely due to Leah's hospitality and overall kind and laid back attitude. Upon our arrival, Leah offered to take us out and we had a wonderful first night at Iggies! We stayed in the Cruzan View apartment and it was cozy, inviting and very clean and comfortable. I would recommend the Villa Marbella Suites to anyone. Thanks for helping to make our vacation all that much more wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2010

After bragging to my girl friends about my vacation to St. Thomas in July of 2009, we decided we should go together! So my two friends and I planned our trip. There was never any doubt where to stay. I enjoyed Villa Marbella so much the previous year, I could not imagine staying anywhere else. The mountain hill side suite was large enough for the three of us to share comfortably. The owner, Leah welcomed us as if we were all old friends. She helped us plan our excursions and offered shopping tips and advise as well. But honestly just relaxing at the suite, in the pool or on the deck was just as fun!
There is no better way to stay on St. Thomas. We ate a quite breakfast before heading out for a day of fun. We packed the cooler, beach chairs and towels that were provided with the room. And then for our last meal of the day we ate in the suite or went to a restaurant Leah recommended.
I've already planned my trip to return to Villa Marbella for this April. This is becoming a habit!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Your hostess, Leah, will do every thing in her power to make your stay enjoyable and fun. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, equipped with refer, microwave and hot plate, coffee makers, you can prepare your own meals if that is your pleasure. They also provide beach gear; cooler, chairs, umbrella, and beach towels. Leah knows the Island and can recommend places to eat and see. The view from the Villa is fabulous, I was looking for a place to sleep before a week long sailing class and found an Island retreat that I will bring my wife and kids back to. Download the directions to give to the cab driver if you don't rent a car.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo