All reviewsbeach towelsst johnwasher and dryersea grape treesmurphy bedthese unitscable tvcomfortable furnituretennis courtsown mealssnorkel gearferry terminalnormavrbocondohookparadise
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This was our second time staying at B-11 and we had an AMAZING time, just as we did the first time that we stayed there in 2011! Steve and Honey are the perfect hosts! The condo has everything you need. It is clean, quiet, safe, spacious, and has all of the amenities you need (we definitely over packed!). Not to mention the beautiful BEACH -- which is just steps away from the condo. The snorkeling at Sapphire cannot be beat - it truly was our favorite spot, and we went to several "snorkel hot spots" throughout the USVI and BVI. We saw several very large green sea turtles right off of Sapphire Beach in front of the condo -- it was truly amazing!! We also saw rays and many beautiful fish. We loved the washer and dryer in the unit -- it was so nice to launder our towels and clothes throughout the trip. Steve was very helpful and responsive in the months leading up to our trip, during our trip, and after the trip. You can tell that he really cares and wants you to have a wonderful time. He would do anything to help you enjoy your trip and has SO much information that is VERY helpful (the "Bible" that he provides is perfect!). We also utilized the BBQ supplied with B-11 to cook mahi-mahi, salmon, and other fresh fish we purchased locally. What a treat, cooking our dinner while looking out onto Sapphire Bay! We enjoyed every minute of our trip, and we look forward to visiting B-11 again in the future!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Camaccoux
Reviewed 6 April 2013

If you want to live on the beach and at the same time don't want to lose all the comfort of your home, then B-11 is your best bet. This very well-kept condo which is less than a few minutes away from the beach is indeed a heavenly place. It has all the amenities you can think of and more. Though we had read the many reviews about this condo, when we got there we were still nicely surprised: a full kitchen, with a big fridge, which we filled up for the whole week, a very nice set of washer and dryer, and an excellent A/C system. Most importantly, Steve was in constant touch with us and made sure we settled down smoothly.
The beach itself is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. The waves are gentle and the breeze a blessing. We loved this place very much and I am hoping to bring my parents with us next year, as the condo is huge and has room for more than 2 people. Thank you Steve and Honey for the comfortable, affordable and cute place you have built.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarat742
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Unfortunately, there were 3 of us. We rented D-30 through VRBO (#385484) and it did say it sleeps 2-4 people. Besides a large sofa, which my 10 year old did sleep on, we are not sure where a 4th person would sleep.

Regardless, the condo itself was updated, modern and clean. There were 2 baths - one of which had a walk-in shower stall which was perfect for cleaning up after coming in from the beach. The kitchen had new stainless steel appliances and a fully stocked spice rack. The bedroom had a king bed with the firmest mattress I've ever slept on (still deciding if that was good or bad). There was satelite tv in both the living room and bedroom. There was wireless internet (for one device to connect to at a time) but if you had a laptop, you could plug in to the router directly (presuming you bring your own network cable). There was a washer and dryer in the unit as well, which was very convenient.

The unit was at the end of the D building on the second floor. It is really close to the beach - a 50 yard walk or so (but a long walk from the parking lot!). The walls are paper thin, and the noise from other units and the outside seem quite loud - but no one seems up too late or too early. The bedrooms are in the back of the unit, but there are bright lights on the back of every unit that light up at night. There were no room darkening shades, and the Venetian blinds in the bedroom did not do much to keep the light out.

The beach is the best thing about the resort. Except for the occasional cruise ship excursion, the beach is extremely private and quiet. The beach is long and white, and the water is clear and blue. The resort provides beach towels and beach chairs free of charge.

There is a dive shop on the resort which provides snorkeling gear and a variety of other water sports. The snorkeling is great - coral, turtles, sting rays and colorful fish. The water is calm and swimmable for all levels of swimmers. The view is amazing with St John visible across the water.

The rest of the resort leaves much to be desired. The buildings do seem dated and old. The tennis courts, which I did not use, are not usable. I did not see the swimming pool, but there is no need to swim in the pool.

There is no restaurant on the resort. You can get food on the beach, but we opted to go with the girl from Senor Pizza who took orders and delivered to you right on the beach.

You should not expect this to be a 4 or 5 star resort with all the amenities. You should not expect this to be the kind of resort where you stay and never leave. Besides the Ritz, I am not sure there is such a resort in St Thomas where you would just stay and never leave. In fact St Thomas is a beautiful island with beautiful beaches. It is an island to be explored.

We rented a car and explored the island. We only stayed at our beach 2 of 5 days - and those 2 days were half days. We drove to Red Hook (literally a 2 minute drive) every night for dinner. We went to the grocery store once and bought food for breakfast and lunch and snacks. We took the car to St John (even more beautiful than St Thomas). You don't need a car - taxis are prevalent around St Thomas and pretty cheap too.

The point is Crystal Cove has a beautiful beach - one of the best on the island. But it is not an all-inclusive resort. Expect to sleep there and enjoy the beach. The condos can vary widely, so do your research. Go through VRBO and not through the resort so you know exactly what you are getting. If you didn't enjoy your stay at Crystal Cove, you didn't do your research.

Room Tip: D-30, VRBO #385484, was clean and extremely well furnished with modern updates throughout the unit.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank dchen666
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Where do I start?? This place is truly Heaven on Earth. We decided to book this wonderful condo after reading all the great reviews and we were NOT disappointed!

This is truly the most wonderful vacation spot in all of St. Thomas. You are right on what's considered to be the best beach in St Thomas. And you're located on the very best section of that beach! No one tells you that but it is true!

We would wake up, throw on our bathing suits and stroll right out onto our own private beach with our own wonderful cabana girl, Amber, who took great care of all the guests. Talk about the high life! They offer nice, comfy lounge chairs just for the condo residents and you can have them set out wherever you wish. Because I am fair skinned and burn easily, I had my favorite spot under a tree right near the water and my husband could lay next to me and still be in the sun. Everyone who lives and stays there is so friendly so you're really in an ideal spot.

Whenever we mustered up the energy we just got up and strolled inside to freshen up our drinks or use the bathroom. Sometimes we took advantage of the nice lady just down the beach who has a her own small stand and sells sodas, beer, wine and cocktails for a very reasonable price. If we didn't feel like cooking, a waitress from the resort next door would come by regularly and take food and drink orders. Their food was good too.

The water was so nice and tranquil with lapping gentle waves. The owners, Steve and Honey, stock the place with plenty of snorkel equipment and fins of all sizes to suit anyone. They even had sunscreen and bug spray, and tons of beach towels - wow! We snorkeled and saw sea turtles, some beautifully colored fish, and a giant grouper. Our neighbor said she had seen some rays when she was snorkeling earlier.

The condo itself is sooo cute and it's just perfect! And HUGE!! They decorated it with such care. It has a tasteful, beachy theme like you would find in a nice boutique hotel or a bed and breakfast. You're comfortable enough that you feel like you are home so you can fully relax and enjoy all the amenities they offer you. They really do think of everything and I can see why B-11 gets so many great reviews. You can tell they really care and want you to enjoy yourself. Steven is in touch with you to make sure you're happy and answers all his emails immediately from the time you book till you arrive. We even had the lady who cleans, Norma, stop by and say Hi and just check in on us when we were lounging out front one evening. She is so sweet and funny! So is Steven, by the way, if you happen to correspond with him you will see for yourself.

We watched some great movies from their vast video collection. There are plenty of books offered in their library as well. There was just the two of us so we slept in the master bed and it was very comfy and large, which is important when you're sleeping in a new place. There are two big bathrooms so we were able to save time showering and getting ready.

The appliances are all very nice and all work very well, They stock all the basics (spices, etc) and even have a bbq so if you do feel like cooking you have everything you need at your fingertips. There is a store down the way that you can drive or take a cab or a "dollah" bus to. ($1 and they run regularly). We stocked up on steaks and fresh fish, lunch and breakfast essentials and ate really well at home some days and made our way into town (5 min away) to enjoy some fabulous meals also.

I read the other reviews talk about how great the amenities are but I was not prepared for everything they offered. Let's just say I packed way too many things because they had everything I needed right there - shampoo, conditioner, body wash, makeup remover towelettes, etc. If I had it to do over again, I would have packed MUCH lighter, and knowing I was going to the store anyway for groceries, check to see what I need against what they have on hand. Chances are you won't need anything, trust me.

They also have a very nice salt water pool so we went there one evening and it was nice and quiet. We laid in the lounge chairs and looked up at the stars in the clear night sky.

We wandered down the beach a short way to the other resort next door one day and were so proud of ourselves for booking our condo where we did. The beach itself is much nicer where B-11 is, soft and sandy, while the resort down the way has a beach that is rocky with lots of coral. Our condo was much nicer than the condos at the resort.

I can't imagine doing what Steve and Honey do but I'm so glad they do it! It is truly a labor of love and you can tell they really care. If you want to stay someplace where you feel safe and can truly unwind in a wonderful atmosphere then book with them. I saw it listed as "B-11: Bargain on the Beach" but it is really "B-11: Heaven on Earth"

I saw Steven listed the B-11 vacation rental on VRBO under #168746 and also on HOME AWAY under #245229 if you have trouble finding it online. He will get back to you right away.

Room Tip: B-11 or Bust!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank cybersara
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Had a wonderful time at Crystal Cove. My wife especially enjoyed the water aerobics class. This condo has all the amenities needed for a great time from the location near the beach, to the washer and dryer, to the large nicely furnished condo. Can't wait to go back next year and many years to come.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family