“Wonderful family trip”
Review of Sand Dollar Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Thomas
Sand Dollar Estate
“Wonderful family trip”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is a perfect house for a family trip. We had 6 adults and 6 kids ranging in age from 5 to 17. The house, pool, private beach had something for everyone. Our chef Monica and Adrianne were amazing. The food was really good. Bob the caretaker was always there to do anything we needed from taking the guys to the golf course to going across the island to get fishing bait for the boys. We would definitely stay at Sand Dollar again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nesjan

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The property was AMAZING! I'm very particular when it comes to beaches because I like clear and calm water. This was one of the most amazing beaches I've see and Magen's Bay is one of the nicest beaches in St Thomas. The owner Suzanne was so nice and helpful. I was planning a wedding as well as a vacation and she answered my questions quickly and thoroughly. She couldn't have made it any easier. Bob was the house manager who would help in any way possible. Running errands and taking guests anywhere they wanted to go. He truly is the heart of the house. We also had Monica and Andrine cook a BBQ for our guests and it was one of the best meals we ate all week. We had a large group of people so we used Edmond for our taxi service. He would come as soon as we called and come back and pick us up whenever we were ready. All of the people that work at the Sand Dollar were the nicest people and you could tell that they just wanted to make sure your stay was enjoyable. I hope one day I will return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Melissa C
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We recently rented out the Sand Dollar for myself and our bridal party while the rest of the family stayed at the Marriott. I can't stress enough how amazing it was!

First I want to start with Suzanne, the owner...She is the NICEST EVER! Super responsive to all my questions, and extremely helpful when planning everything. She even sent my husband and I a nice gift the day we got home which was welcomed because we were so depressed after leaving there.

Secondly, Bob is the best! He literally will take you anywhere you want to go at anytime or get you anything you need no matter how annoying it is...And with 24 people we were definitely annoying sometimes for sure... He was fun and had great stories and he makes you feel like you have been friends forever.

Thirdly, Monica is key for big groups. I have no idea how we would have fed all of us. It would have taken all day. She whipped up the tastiest dishes, on point, every day!!!! You just wake up and shes singing in the kitchen with Andrea cooking up something awesome...Shes sweet,funny, and her husband is a driver so that was perfect.... they really helped us with transportation.

Lastly, the property was spectacular. It was straight out of a movie. You couldn't take a bad picture! Watching the birds diving in the morning for fish, the incredible sunsets, it was all like a dream. Rooms were nice and cool (keep the door shut) and we opted for maid service every day since there was so many people...

We utilized all the services, the boat charter picked us up at the house, the catering company threw an amazing dinner for our rehearsal and everything was just perfect. Everyone cannot stop talking about how great it was!!!

If you have any reservations about booking here, don't! It will be the most enjoyable experience you've ever had!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny F
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My friends and I have stayed at the Sand Dollar Estate and Little Sand Dollar over the past 3 years. The renovations made to Little Sand Dollar this year were unbelievable! Every bedroom is an ensuite and the new ensuites in Little Sand Dollar were fantastic! There's a deck off both bedrooms - and what a view! It's located on Magen's Bay and it has its own private beach. When you get tired of the beach, the lower deck on the villa has a nice built in pool. My friends and I LOVE this place! It's definitely worth staying when you have a large group. I highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hillsborough, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had a group of 19 at The Sand Dollar in the beginning of March. Our group was a mixture of friends and some of our adult children and their spouses (ages 27 to 59). Some members of our group met each other for the first time when they arrived at The Sand Dollar. We all had such a great adventure together and everyone got along so well, it felt like we had all known each other forever. We played group games each night and Thursday night was our "Secret Night" where everyone shared a secret about themselves. What happens at The Sand Dollar Dollar stays at The Sand Dollar:)

I organized the trip for our group and everyone was so appreciative and said I could not have found a better location. Suzanne the owner was wonderful to work with. She would respond immediately to every one of my e-mails or calls and was so very helpful. We also chose to hire Monica and her niece to cook for our group and it was the best decision ever. They prepared 2 meals of our choice each day and purchased whatever food our group requested which made the cost of food for our group so reasonable. Monica and I spoke several times before we arrived at the estate, that I felt like we had friends for years. One of my requests was lots of fresh fruit and we had a beautiful platter of cut up fruit each morning to enjoy all day. Monica's scrambled eggs, Mac n cheese and BBQ chicken were our favorites.

Bob the property manager became part of our group. He was such a pleasure and so very helpful. Bob met us at the airport and had all the food and drinks I had pre- ordered from Cost U Less waiting for us when we arrived at the estate. We would give him a drink order each day and he would keep our bar well stocked. Once again saving us $ on alcohol and supplies. He was so sweet and made our stay so special. Both he and Monica truly became part of our group and I know we were very entertaining for them:)

Ok, now for the estate and cottage. We absolutely loved this place, so beautiful and private. We all had our own rooms and private bathrooms which everyone loved. Our own private beach with beautiful clear water with kayaks, paddle boards and rafts to enjoy. We were also able to walk in the water all the way to Magen's Beach. We all brought lots of clothes but we all basically lived in our bathing suits. We all went out to dinner once, but that is it .......there was no need to leave our beautiful paradise.

We had Gloriana, a massage therapist, come to the estate on 2 days for personal massages which were outstanding. She gave me the best massage I have ever had. We also had an all day private boat tour with New Horizons which was so much fun. If you stay at The Sand Dollar they give you a 20 % discount. We had captain Ryan and Matt who were great.............such great guys and so much fun.

The great thing about The Sand Dollar is there is no need to leave this wonderful retreat. It was the most relaxing vacation any if us ever had. Our group will certainly return to The Sand Dollar, hopefully with a few grandchildren next time:).

Thanks to Suzanne, Monica and Bob for making us feel so special and giving us a great getaway that we will never forget:)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Trish B
Teton Village, Wyoming
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My Husband Duke and I spent many hours researching a place to renew our vows after 25 yrs, This home could not have been any better, 16 of us had the time of our life, our children now grown were blown away, my nephews couldnt stay off the beautiful beach, manager Bob was great, had him for dinner and heard many stories! I cant say enough also about the owner of this home! Suzanne, so down to earth and funny! It was nice to be able to call her and not some annoying rental company,I hope to meet her sometime! Thank you for a most amazing vacation!We will be back in Jan!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank SCHULTZLINDALOU
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Can't say enough about what a great place this is. Owners have thought of everything, including your own gym. Having private beach is a big plus compared to other houses that don't have this feature. Staff, including chef are fabulous. Views from house are breathtaking all day and night

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends