I absolutely LOVE this place!
It's no Marriott or Ritz, hell I won't even give it a Best Western. What I will say it that is the best local homegrown experience on the island.
This was the second place I stayed on island on vacation. I ended up living on the island (I mean all over it) and found myself moving back to Sunset every time! It is one of the few places on island that share space with local residences. So I can understand how loud it can get, and it is a community. Everyone gathering around the pool and everyone bringing a dish was one of my favorite past times.
I've seen people, literally, freak out because the cable sucks.
It's NOT the U.S. and for the price, the view is more than worth it. from every room you can see from the airport to Yacht Haven. And there are a ton of amazing characters that stay and frequent.
I've had my annoying experiences, but once again I made the decision to visit a place where people live. Coming from a sheltered stateside life, it is by far the safest place in my opinion on island and i lived all over the island. I learned that aside from the 24 hour monitored security cameras, local law enforcement is always around.
People once again it is not the Ritz, this is such a local experience!
If you are an opened-minded or adventurous person, someone on this property will get you the best deals on some of the funnest activities and events. Not to mention transportation. It is convenient to everything. Taxi can get to you or (my favorite) hike down/up the hill.
I've been coming back every year in April for the past 3 years since I moved away and I ALWAYS stay at Sunset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering fabulous views of the Harbor you can only get from being on Crown Mountain, this guesthouse offers free off street parking, a shared community pool with deck and grill, as well as free WiFi. Each of the simply furnished suites at Sunset Gardens Guesthouse include a fully equipped kitchenettes with kitchenware, a stove with oven, small fridge. Rooms also feature a Flat-Screen satellite TV. Some rooms offer Sofa/Bed and Private Balcony, and others offer a shared balcony. Coin-operated laundry facilities are available 24 hours a day. The nearest supermarket is 1.2 km away while Downtown Charlotte Amalie where you can shop or enjoy the walking tour is 3.2 km from the property. Pistarkle Theater is 8 km away, Mangrove Lagoon is just 12 km away, while Hassel Island is 5 km from the property. Cyril E. King Airport is a 10 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunset Gardens Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Gardens Hotel St. Thomas
- Sunset Gardens Guesthouse St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands