We flew in for a one night stay as a lay-over en route to BVI, a ferry ride away. Jun picked us up at the airport, which we had arranged prior (they charge $40 but given you likely don't know where the heck you are when you land and if you are like us, have come a long way and are tired and don't know where Two Sandals is exactly, it's worth it). He and Helen, two 'retired' Californians own and manage Two Sandals.
The B&B is clean, friendly, quaint, secure, comfortable and still feels as if you have some modicum of privacy (it is, after all, a B&B so you are essentially sharing a house/building with strangers). We had a room with a private bathroom (clean and tidy, includes shampoo and body soap, clean towels, etc) and balcony but I don't know if all rooms have these same accommodations. We had AC, a ceiling fan and a functional TV that seemed to have decent reception although we didn't watch it much. Jun and Helen are both really nice people and are obviously very dedicated. Making reservations was no problem -- and any time we had questions, they were really responsive by both phone and email. Jun picked us up at the airport and then hung out with us after we arrived at their lovely place as we chatted over a beer ($2 each for whatever they have handy; ours was a good local Caribbean beer). They are both unassuming but responsive too at the same time. If you are looking for a "hotel experience" you won't find it here but you also aren't paying through the nose either. Another great feature of Two Sandals is its location: a five minute walk to the Secret Harbor beach (which has a very nice, white sandy beach and clean bar), as well as a seven- or eight-minute walk to Red Hook where you will find everything from a fully-stocked pharmacy to myriad bars and restaurants (including the infamous Duffy's Love Shack -- fun, btw). We spent our Sunday evening watching football in a typical "sports bar" venue in Red Hook. People are friendly(ish) but NB these restaurants and bars are obviously targeted to attract Americans and non-Islanders.
Breakfast. Forgot about breakfast -- really good: yogurt and granola, hard-boiled eggs, pastries, coffee (French press) and juice served by Helen on the terrace. Nothing too extravagant but perfect. Helen took care of us without being too obtrusive and yet, made sure we had everything we needed. Finally…we tried to call for a (quasi-unreliable) taxi to take us to the ferry the next day but no luck. Helen took us there free of charge. Bottom line: you get what you pay for and then some with this place. I've traveled a lot for work and have stayed in all sorts of different places…Two Sandals is what you need -- very clean, convenient, friendly and reasonable. Don't hesitate to book there. Jun and Helen run a great place -- many thanks to them for making our stay a good one during our Christmas holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two Sandals - Bed & Breakfast is located in the beautiful East End of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. It is the perfect place for a family trip, a romantic getaway, or short-term rental. The property overlooks American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook and boasts spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, including the neighboring island of St. John. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Two Sandals by the Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Hotel St. Thomas
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed And Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands