My wife and I wanted to lodge on St. John but quickly realized it is expensive to stay on St. John. So we decided to stay in Red Hook, where lodging is a lot less expensive, and ferry over to St John for the day... which worked out perfectly.
Jun and Helen, the hosts at Two Sandals are young, in their late 20's, but have the hosting skills one would expect from hosts with many years of experience; and Helen's daily home baked breakfast treats are to die for.
Two Sandals B&B is conveniently located between Red Hook where you can catch the ferry to St. John (and Tortola, BVI), and Secret Harbor Beach where you can spend the day soaking up the sun drinking Margaritas or beer. Red Hook and Secret Harbor are short walks away (no need for a car unless you are intending to visit the rest of St. Thomas).
The restaurant at Secret Harbor is excellent, but expensive! There are several restaurants to choose from in Red Hook that range in quality and price. Our favorite restaurant was Fish Tails; the food was very good, the cost a little pricey (but worth it).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two Sandals - Bed & Breakfast is located in the beautiful East End of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. It is the perfect place for a family trip, a romantic getaway, or short-term rental. The property overlooks American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook and boasts spectacular views of the Caribbean Sea, including the neighboring island of St. John. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Two Sandals by the Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 2 Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Hotel St. Thomas
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed And Breakfast
- Two Sandals By The Sea Inn - Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands