“Nice afternoon dive and snorkel”

Aqua Marine Dive Center
Book In Advance
More Info
US$125.00*
and up
Discover Scuba Diving in St Thomas
More attraction details
Owner description: Aqua Marine is a PADI resort and SSI (Scuba school international)Dive center , focusing on small groups of divers and private diving/snorkeling experience. We offer private boat charters as well. At Aqua Marine we take time to listen to your wishes and interests and create a perfect dive trip for you. We can take you to some of the best wrecks around St. Thomas, the coral reefs of the islands, night diving or on the turtle snorkeling adventure. It is our pleasure to make your dream day come true, we will go the extra mile to make your dive vacation unforgettable. Visit us on Bluebeards Beach club beach and enjoy snorkeling and kayak rentals as well.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Beautiful water and great service from Gary and crew on a two tank dive; along with my wife doing a snorkel view above us. While 2 others were doing their checkout dive, I dove with Gary who showed me the best of Ledges and Christmas Cove. At Ledges we saw lobster, octopus, an eel, and some great fish. A small tour is what I wanted and had great service! We saw plenty of other fish and octopus at the other site as well, and they made sure I had plenty of below water time. My back gets a little sore, so they let me put on my gear in the water which saved my back hauling the tank around. And with the afternoon tour my wife was just fine doing some snorkeling around above us and nearer the rocks. A great time, good job Gary and Evan and also the dive instructor.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife and I contacted Aqua Marine about diving in St. Thomas from our cruise ship. After reading reviews, I hoped to dive the Cow and Calf Rock sties. I contacted several dive operations about diving those sites. They all said that they chose their sites based on conditions on that day, which is normal. Aqua Marine was the only one who said they would try to dive the sites I wanted if weather permitted, so I signed up. Gerard picked us up right on time right by the cruise port and drove us to the dive shop. There was another couple and their sons in the van with us who were taking their advanced dive certification dives with us. So I figured we wouldn't get to choose the dive sites since they were students. When we got to the boat, we were told that we would get our own dive master to be our guide since we were already certified, a sweet young lady named Dara. Another dive master was handling the students on the same boat. I asked Gary, the boat captain, which sites we were doing that day and to my surprise, Cow Rock was one of them. Of the two sites I had picked, that one was the number one choice. So we had a short ride out to the two dive sites and Dara led us around at each site so we didn't have to worry with navigation. They were both great dives, and Cow Rock was very cool as expected. Dara and Gary were great fun-loving divers who were easy to talk to. They had snacks and drinks for us on the boat, and rum punch for the asking when we returned. We got back to the dock and they let us use the rinse tanks. About the time we got everything rinsed and packed away, Gerard was there to take us back to the ship. We still had time to do a little site seeing and shopping near the cruise port before going back to the ship. I was a little apprehensive about using a dive operation in St. Thomas after a questionable experience in Cozumel, but these guys are great!! If I ever get back to St. Thomas, I'm calling them again!!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Second Wind charter experience was amazing. Nikki's food was delicious and abundant and there was a steady stream of drinks provided if you wish to enjoy them. Captain Jeff was highly entertaining, knowledgeable, and skilled. Gerard lead great snorkeling experiences, something I'd never done before. He would frequently point out things of interest to everyone snorkeling so that no one missed out. There were 6 other passengers on board and everyone enjoyed themselves and had their needs met by the wonderful staff. If you are looking to book a day trip and you want to be pampered and experience the beautiful waters and aqua life of the area, look no further than Aquamarine.
On another day, 4 of us went out to dive. We went to Cow and Calf as well as Ledges with Gary at the wheel and Gerard in the water. We had a wonderful time and were impressed with all that we saw underwater and with the talents and care of the crew. Your comfort and safety is their first priority and you will have a wonderful time as well. If you want to dive or snorkel and are at any level of experience, this is the place to go.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My 12 year old son and I went to Acqua Marine intending to do one discovery dive and ended up spending four days diving and getting certified. Our guide, Dara, could not have been more patient or encouraging and was super knowledgeable and flexible. Evan and Gary were also top notch and we loved every moment of our trip as a result. Thanks so much and we look forward to our next diving adventures!!

1  Thank westporttrav
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We came to St Thomas to complete our PADI open water certification. I found this shop through the PADI app and read through the reviews on TA. We had an amazing experience. Our instructor Dara was very patient and knowledgeable. We were a little skittish going deep so she chose site that were non-intimidating. By our fourth dive we were down 50 feet exploring a wreck. We had so much fun that we did 2 more dives. On the last 2 dives we had Evan as our guide who was also excellent.