“Fun day but driver needs singing lessons and customer service training”
Review of Sunny Liston Tours

and up
St Thomas Shore Excursion: Shopping, Sightseeing and Beach Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sunny Liston Tours is a fully certified and authorized Taxi Tour Operator in St. Thomas, located in the United States Virgin Islands. At Sunny Liston Tours, we drive an open-air cabs, also known as the "safaris" and we have the capacity of holding about 25 people in each of our safaris. Our energetic, music filled Taxi Safari Tour will show you jeweled beaches, breath-taking lookout points where you will get a spectacular island view, and we'll even make a pit-stop for our famous Banana Daiquiris to cool you off. We have been providing superior, fun filled tours and transportation services for over 22 years. Sunny Liston Tours is known to be the most upbeat, exciting, and energetic fun tour on St. Thomas. We are fun-loving and love what we do! Contact us today for a tour you’ll never forget!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our cruise ship was late in debarking, no fault of anyone and these things happen when you don't take your own boat...So, we (3 of us) were rushed to the waiting vehicle with no greeting, how are you, etc. from the rep., all we heard was "your ship was late and we need to get going". We were rushed to a waiting open-air vehicle and ended up waiting to fill up the vehicle. The first impression is critical for setting the mood of your company. A friendly greeting would have made a difference for us.

After everyone was loaded, the driver, not sure of their name, explained what would take place and because we were late, they would provide additional shopping at the end of the day for those not wanting to stay at the beach, which was nice because we wanted to visit Magic Ice downtown. After 1/2 hour of shopping we started our journey around the island to the Mountain top, awesome views and banana daiquiris. My complaint is the poor quality speaker in the vehicle, set too loud, and the driver constantly singing over the music whereas the recorded music is not heard at all. The driver's voice was so very loud that I had to plug my ears and would've preferred to hear the island/pop music instead of someone singing out of tune. Bad Karaoke and no where to go!!! Also, the lack of pleasantry at the start of the tour with someone stern and unhappy set a bad mood and then for that same person to jump in the driver seat and pretend to be happy and joking...odd. The driver needs to stop singing along constantly or at least turn down their speaker. I recommend that if you do take this tour that you get the way back seat otherwise this loud speaker is right in your face.
I have been to this island 4 times before and had seen Sunny Liston tours from a similar "taxi service" and thought it would fun to enjoy the music. The music only would have been great but sorry, the driver's constant blaring, spoiled the tour for me. Sorry Sunny. Overall the "taxi service" was good, safe and prompt but the next time I will stick with a taxi service to get around and save my ears.

There are newer reviews for Sunny Liston Tours

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Sonny took a group of about 25 of us on an island tour. Right from the beginning we knew it was gonna be special. Sonny's energy, knowledge of the island, and fun disposition made this tour exceptional. It took about 2 hours, but we went to several different places. But the absolute best part was the singing and the truck rocking! There really is no way to do it justice in words, you have to experience it! Will be sure to call Sonny next time we head to St. Thomas!!!

1  Thank Sterlymack
Reviewed 6 April 2014

A group of us rented the entire bus and had a blast! The music was cool and by the end of the trip we all were singing and laughing along. As we pulled up to the pier there were lots of people saying they wished they were on there with us.

1  Thank Bonnie2288
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I booked this tour after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and it was great! I could not attend the tour, due to an injury and I couldn't leave the ship, but my husband and two of my daughters did attend. They had a wonderful time shopping, taking photos on the mountain top and then at the beach. My husband has already recommended this tour to our friends that will be going to St. Thomas soon.

Another bonus - Sunny Liston refunded my portion of the tour, as welll as my daughters, who had stayed on the ship to help me. That was a very nice and generous thing to do :) We will book them again if we go back to St. Thomas.

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

After reading subpar reviews of tours offered on our cruise ship, I decided to book a tour with Sunny. Sunny picked us up right from where our cruise dropped us off, and brought us right to the tour bus we were going on. We did have to pay the remainder of our balance after booking online, so make sure you bring cash to do so if you took this route. The tour was absolutely fantastic; Sunny sings the entire time, and we loved singing along. The tour we took did not include any shopping, so we had plenty of time for sightseeing and taking pictures. We stopped at multiple places along our route; we did stop at Mountain Top, which was rather touristy, but the views were incredible, and the banana daiquiris were worth it (made with real bananas and a ton of rum). We also loved Magen's Bay, where our group elected to go. Sunny dropped us right off at the beach, and also took another group to a different beach to satisfy everyone. The beach was gorgeous and not too crowded, even though there were six ships in port. We were able to kayak on the bay, which was very inexpensive. Food options are limited, and lines were long, so I would recommend bringing snacks and drinks. Sunny picked us up right on time and drove us back to where our shipped picked us up with plenty of time to spare. We really had a fantastic time on this tour, and never felt rushed. An amazing experience if you don't want to do the typical island tour; you'll love the jealous looks you get from people on the "boring" tours! This truly was a great value for the money we spent and a great day in port!

2  Thank nwolf14