“Cute spot, bleh coffee”

Barefoot Buddha
Ranked #76 of 264 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
United States
“Cute spot, bleh coffee”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I was searching high and lo for a great place for an Iced Americano, and sadly this place disappointed. The kids got smoothies and they seemed content. The vibe is super cool and chill, nice location. Maybe it was an off day, because the reviews I read were fantastic. Staff was a little slow and non-responsive. The highlight was the chic little boutique gift shop. Picked up a beautiful dress and some fab jewelry. Shop owner was very sweet and helpful. I would go back to give this spot another chance, but definitely go check out the store.

• Visited April 2014

Doral, Florida
“Mixed Emotions”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stopped at this locations a few times. The 1st time I stopped in, I was very pleased with the service. The staff at the counter was very sweet and the items i ordered were average for a coffee shop. Then i stopped in again, the staff was friendly again. However, I was very disapointed with one of the owners. They charge $5 for you to use internet. That day I had about 20 minutes that I was able to be there. The whole time the internet didn't work. There were probably 20 people trying to use the internet. All of us turned our computers off and back on and it still didn't work. I had to leave before the internet was back up and the owner had reset the router and then told me that her computer worked, so it had to be all of ours. There were over 20 of us and her computer was the only one that worked. She would not give me a refund. I know it is only 5 dollars, but for a place that is so well known for crew members from the cruise lines being able to go to for internet, I was highly disapointed that there was no refund on something that never worked. I know a lot of us saw it and a lot of us stopped going there after that. She may have been having a bad day, so I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I was dissapointed. So, I did go back 1 more time. The internet was slow and not worth it... As a ship employee, we rely heavily on internet in ports. I still thought the food was okay and the gentleman behind the counter was very nice. If you are going for coffee house cofee and treats, it is the place to go. If for internet, then no.

• Visited October 2013
Washington, Virginia
“So glad we stopped!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

On our way to the airport, we spotted this gem. We got kale soy smoothie, Thai vegetarian tomato soup, daily special panini, south western roasted veggie burrito. They were freshly made, very tasty. It seemed like the business was owned by conscious people that care to serve good food. I truly wish the business all the best :)

• Visited April 2014
DownEast and Acadia Maine, Maine
“Definitely worth a daily visit!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family lives on STT & every time I visit we enjoy several meals here, usually outside on the veranda. Such a delight with freshly made no-extra-sugar-added smoothies, some items gluten free, delicious salads. Great, friendly staff, no long waits, with the ohm inspired gift shop on the side!! What else could you ask for?! ; )

• Visited February 2014
Simi Valley, California
“Great coffee and food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you are looking for some great organic food, some great coffee, and a very chill place to hang - look no further. I'm a rabid coffee fan and look for small roasters to get coffee from when on the mainland. I'd recommend this for a great spot to grab some coffee and a fresh and tasty lunch.

Visited April 2014