“Excellent Steaks!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We have friends that live on the Island take us here for dinner on our first night in town. The food was amazing! Best filet I ever had! The view is breath taking at sunset! This is now one of our must visit restaurants while on the island! The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the steaks! I highly recommend you eat here!

1  Thank Luvz2Vacation

Reviewed 19 April 2014

When I visit the islands I know their are going to be accommodations I will gladly make for the distance it is from the mainland. Take the grade of prime beef. I don't expect it to be common or for that matter reasonably priced. I stand pleasantly surprised. This little hide away tucked into the side of the mountain is prime in every aspect of the grade. It is a prime location (romantic, social, and casual) it has the air of sophistication without Thurston and Lovey spoiling it. Ambiance, lets just say the overall personality reminds me of my fathers cook outs on the back patio. The comfort level is tranquilizing. This place is doomed for stardom and it will be impossible to get reservations but for now I have had a Steak par excellance' an evening of bliss topped of with a feeling I just came from my fathers backyard cook out. It doesn't get much cozier than that without a snow bunny, feather puff and a fireplace. See you soon!

2  Thank Scubeedive
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have been coming to ST. Thomas for 30 years and had never heard of Island View. Friends found it and took us there and it was a lovely experience.
The view is spectacular, the food excellent, and you make your own drinks. I would strogly recommend taking a taxi to go there but it is well worth it.

1  Thank BeautifulBill
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you like steak, Ron serves one of the best ribeye steaks on the island. Grills it on a huge bbq and it's seasoned just right. Also had a fish dish, shrimp, and a couple other items, but I go there for the steak. Rest of the meal is simple; potato, grilled asparagus, small salad bar. Open Thurs. Fri. Sat.- Call for reservations.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Best deal and steak I've had! They do 2 seating's a night and reservations are required. Seafood is also grilled outside as well, where you can chat with the owner/chef while it's being prepared.
The view is wonderful and the honor bar a treat. Bring your own wine for a $5 cork charge. Make your own mixed drinks for $4 each!