“Great service and views”

Island View Guest House
Ranked #4 of 275 Restaurants in St. Thomas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Very nice little restaurant at the top of the hill overlooking the harbor. We all partook of the honor bar and had a delicious meal of steak and shrimp and salad bar at the Island View Guesthouse Restaurant. Would highly recommend it

1  Thank Hawkro

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We visited Island View Guest House for the first time recently. Others said it was hard to find, but that is not the case. Just go north on 33 from Nisky Center (corner of 30 and 33), and when the road makes that first hairpin turn up and left, you bear right instead. Island View is about 200 feet ahead on the left.
This is a good place to go to dine with a view in a relaxed environment. The eating area overlooks Contant and the ocean, and as the sun goes down and the town lights up, it is very islandy. They have two seatings a night. I would recommend the earlier one if you want to watch the sun go down. As others have stated, the menu is simple. We had the filets, which are not always on the menu. They were very good, but not as great as others have raved, arriving a little overdone. There is also a simple salad bar, and a good selection of beer, wine and mixers at the honor bar. You keep a tally of your drinks, and give it to your waitperson at the end of the meal. It does allow you to fix your drinks exactly the way you want them. Prices are comparable to other island eateries (high compared to the states, but reasonable by island standards). We shared a dessert, which was also very good.
Note that the Island View is actually a guest house as well as a restaurant.
We will return.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We have friends that live on the Island take us here for dinner on our first night in town. The food was amazing! Best filet I ever had! The view is breath taking at sunset! This is now one of our must visit restaurants while on the island! The prices are very reasonable for the quality of the steaks! I highly recommend you eat here!

1  Thank Luvz2Vacation
Reviewed 19 April 2014

When I visit the islands I know their are going to be accommodations I will gladly make for the distance it is from the mainland. Take the grade of prime beef. I don't expect it to be common or for that matter reasonably priced. I stand pleasantly surprised. This little hide away tucked into the side of the mountain is prime in every aspect of the grade. It is a prime location (romantic, social, and casual) it has the air of sophistication without Thurston and Lovey spoiling it. Ambiance, lets just say the overall personality reminds me of my fathers cook outs on the back patio. The comfort level is tranquilizing. This place is doomed for stardom and it will be impossible to get reservations but for now I have had a Steak par excellance' an evening of bliss topped of with a feeling I just came from my fathers backyard cook out. It doesn't get much cozier than that without a snow bunny, feather puff and a fireplace. See you soon!

2  Thank Scubeedive
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Have been coming to ST. Thomas for 30 years and had never heard of Island View. Friends found it and took us there and it was a lovely experience.
The view is spectacular, the food excellent, and you make your own drinks. I would strogly recommend taking a taxi to go there but it is well worth it.

1  Thank BeautifulBill