“Mixed Bag shines again”

Mixed Bag Sportfishing - Offshore Adventures
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Used these guys last year and we were very impressed. This year we did some off shore fishing but did not hook up. Captain Rob more than made up for it on the way in with some non-stop action landing several beautiful Black Fin Tuna and landing and releasing a 7+ ft. Bull shark after a forty-five minute battle. Mixed in was a Caribbean Reef Shark, 2 Cudas, one Jack. and several unknown fish (break offs). Mate was professional and accommodating.

If you are on St. John or St. Thomas, call these folks for a reasonably priced charter with results to boot.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We a group of 4 from Minnesota, had a wonderful time! We caught several nice fish, but the highlight of the day was the HUGH Grouper my husband caught! It was 76 inches long and 200+ Grouper!!!! So fun to see him pulled in, gave my husband quite a workout.

We would highly recommend Capt Rob and Matt, they were wonderful hosts, very friendly and helpful, can't say enough good about them and their boat.

Great time, well worth the cost a must if you visit St. Thomas or St. John's!!!!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We went out on the Mixed Bag Luhrs 40 and we had a ball! Susan caught a trophy King Mackerel and I caught a 7 Foot Shark. Lots of other fish too. These guys are all A1 class professional and they know the territory and how to move the boats. DEFINITELY if we go back to ST John they are on our itinerary. They gave us a lifetime memory of a lifetime. All the guys are professionals and know their stuff and are hungry for fish and CUSTOMER DELIGHT! Worth every dollar! Monster crew and fun.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We decided to take an afternoon fishing charter with mixed bag and were really happy we did so. I've chartered boats before in Ft Lauderdale and Miami,so I figured it would be really similar to that but it could not have been more different. Our captain was more than professional and didn't look like the typical hungover fishing guys you see on many charter boats. He answered all our questions , no matter how dumb they might have been. The fishing was fantastic, something I have never before experienced on a charter boat. We caught several big wahoos, kingfish, barracudas and even a sailfish which will be the centerpiece of our living room once the taxidermist is done. What a great way to spend some time in beautiful St. John.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Ive always enjoyed fishing. From back when I was a boy and my grandfather would take me to the local pond Ive been "hooked". As much as I love fishing Ive never had a chance to tackle a large saltwater fish. As much as a Ive always wanted Ive just never found the time or circumstance. So when i was lucky enough to go to St John on vacation with my wife I simply could not resist the temptation. I booked Mixed Bag through our hotel concierge at the Westin and was picked up right at the hotel's dock. I didnt really know what to expect, but the captain put me on some incredible fishing minutes from leaving the dock! We caught several large wahoos, a large stripped predator id never even heard of, got a big dolphin fish which jumped all over the ocean some huge barracudas, king mackerels and was even lucky enough to catch a big old tarpon as icing on the cake!!! The action was non stop!!!!! Thank you mixed bag!!!!