“An Amazing Experience!”
Review of Golden Age Ranch

Golden Age Ranch
Ranked #53 of 227 Tours in St. Thomas
More attraction details
Owner description: Golden Age Ranch (GAR) is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing shelter, care, and rehabilitation services for abandoned and unwanted horses. The majority are thoroughbreds coming from our local racetrack. GAR offers beach/trail horseback riding tours. We limit our groups to six for more a more personal experience. However we can take more for one group. The rate is 85.00 For a two hour ride and lesson if needed. We do not take children under 12 unless very experienced. All proceeds from the rides go towards the care and maintenance of our 18 horses now in residence. We are the only riding facility on St. Thomas.
Parma, Ohio
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An Amazing Experience!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

My wife and I have been married over 30 years and we've done some horseback riding but never on the beach so we just had to do this. Words cannot describe what it is like to be sitting on a horse while it is standing in the water and waves are coming at you. You can tell the horses enjoy it just as much if not more than the riders. This group is doing a wonderful thing for these horses and for us it was a privilege to be riding here. Worth every dollar. Jesse James is a very patient and outstanding guide and has a close rapport with the horses. The scenery is beautiful and we highly recommend this activity.

Greg & Karen
April 4, 2014

1 Thank crisplays

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bragging rights.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Thought this would be something my mom would enjoy, and it was one of the cheaper attractions on island. I didn't know I was signing up for something so spectacularly memorable. How many people do you know that can say they've been horseback riding on a beautiful white sandy beach? They also make it enjoyable for newbies (me and my mom), as well as educational. Not only are you getting a great experience, these people are rehabilitating horses that have been mistreated and unloved. So you're getting bragging rights, cheap educational fun, and you're contributing to something good. 5/5 would do it again.

1 Thank Whpb8d
Morgan Hill, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Golden Experience”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Riding horses on the beach was a bucket list for this romantic. My husband and I rode with a group of 4 others. From the start " Jesse James' as he calls himself was a very experienced, professional, knowledgeable, outstanding guide. He taught us so much about the horses, the vegetation, the history of the island and the importance of preserving it all. We were beyond thrilled with the ride to the beach and all we learned a long the way. This was a perfect " YOLO" experience we will never forget!! This is a must for the adventuresome young at heart and be prepared to pay with cash. No plastic accepted

2 Thank Veronica P
A TripAdvisor Member
“Golden Age Ranch”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

From the get-go this was nothing short of an amazing experience. The guide, Jerry, was so knowledgeable about the horses, the vegetation and the island itself. My daughter rode along with me and he was wonderful in making sure we were comfortable. The views were spectacular. I can't wait to visit St. Thomas again so I can go again. I highly, highly recommend golden age ranch as a must experience while visiting this beautiful, gorgeous island.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This first-time rider was impressed”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The experience exceeded my expectations. I knew that we were going to ride the horses on the beach which was what I was most looking forward to but what I didn't expect was the mini horse riding session. Jesse did a wonderful job of making me feel comfortable on the horse by showing me how to hold the reins, keep the correct body posture, and getting the horse moving in the direction I wanted. I was also touched by Jesse's love for the horses and that he was a veteran. After the ride was over, Jesse was even kind to offer and take the 6 of us (from 3 different groups) to Sandy Hook where we could catch a cab or the safari. I highly recommend the Golden Age Ranch.

Visited March 2014