“Surprisingly decent food.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Katy, Texas
“Surprisingly decent food.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have ventured here 3 times and so far we have been pleasantly surprised by the consistency. Decent food at a decent price. I am very picky and normally get just sweet and sour chicken without any sauce. They asked me what kind of sauces I may like and eventually got me a gravy I can dip my chicken into. Worked out great for me.

• Visited May 2014

St Charles, Missouri
“reasonable Price”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The food here was very good and price for St. Thomas reasonable. We enjoy Chinese food and recommend this to traveler's. In the Havensight shopping area. Plenty of parking.

Visited November 2013
St Thomas
“Sometimes great, sometimes not”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

China King, in the Buccaneer Mall, directly across from Havensight, is extremely convenient. We have had both lunch and dinner there several times, both dining in and taking out. The service is usually good, but the food quality tends to vary.
Our our most recent experience yesterday was a case in point. We ordered "take-out", and our order was ready when we arrived. However, when we got home we discovered that the order was incorrect. (Shame on us for not checking before we left). But worse, the chicken was tough, and the sauce in the two different dishes we ordered was identical.
I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we can get Chinese food at all. But we expect more.

• Visited January 2014
Grand Haven, Michigan, USA
“Won't go back”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I was so disappointed with my meal. The waiter tried to argue with my husband when we complained about the pad thai being drowned in the same sweet and sour sauce served with the greasy fried spring rolls. He said they always make it that way and no one has ever complained before. I do not like sweet and sour sauce. Well, he finally took the meal back to the kitchen and we ordered pan fried noodles that were also disappointing. Others in our group were raving about the black bean sauce in their meals, but said it was salty and made them want to drink a lot of water. The fried rice and the hot and sour soup were good. The gratuity was included in our check, which irritated me given the poor service. They did provide separate checks for our group of 11 people sharing the same table. The fortune cookies were stale. There are so many other good restaurant options on St Thomas that I see no reason to return to China King.

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Frenchmans reef and didnt rent a car (seemed kinda dangerous) so we took taxis everywhere. We went and did a little shopping and then walked over to China King and grabbed some food to take back to our room i think thats the best way to go.

Visited September 2012