“Best Tea in Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cup-N-Kettle Tea House
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Authentic Tea Parties, Tea Tastings, Coffee, Homemade Pastries and Much More - Caribbean Style! Visitors and locals alike are raving about the only Tearoom / Teahouse on St Thomas island. We offer a unique blend of Stunning Crystal-Clear Ocean Views while enjoying all the Delicious Flavors of the Caribbean.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
“Best Tea in Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm a St Thomas resident and recently discovered Cup-N-Kettle. What a delight! Their lemongrass and mango-mango teas (iced in the Summer!) are superb. Scones with home-made pineapple topping were an excellent complement. Light lunch? Wel, try their Pumpkin or Seafood soup with freshly baked croissants and garlic butter......yum! Been there twice, going again next week with friends. Oh! Free added value = a scenic vista of Secret Harbor......priceless!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Maria M
1knowing1, Owner at Cup-N-Kettle Tea House, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Thank you for your encouraging, positive review. I was glad to serve you and happier to know that your enjoyed what you ate.

Please come again and again and again!!!

Evelyn

“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We happened to drive by and see Cup-N-Kettle and decided to stop in for breakfast. This is such a wonderful little place! Evelyn made us feel like we were guests in her home rather than a resturaunt. The food was delicious, reasonably priced and we loved the unique china that is used and the stories behind it. There's also a little bit of something for everyone on the menu which is always a plus! We will definitely be back. Thank you to Evelyn for such a lovely morning!

• Visited July 2014
Hi Island diner,

I would like to sincerely thank you for not only deciding to dine at Cup-N-Kettle but for saying such lovely things about the food and your expereince while here.

I also think that it is a hidden gem and I am so grateful to serve from this unique, quaint spot over-looking the blue ocean!

FYI: I got some new unique pieces of Fine China, so whenever you are in the area or feel like dining at Cup-N-Kettle; I would be delighted!
Evelyn
West Orange, New Jersey
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We spent a lovely hour at this charming tea house--the only one on the island. Everything we ate was wonderful though the rum cake is particularly swoon-worthy (we took some extra to go with us). The lemongrass tea is also to die for. Evelyn is so warm and welcoming, it's like having tea in the home of an old friend. I brought my 3 year old daughter with me and Evelyn brought her smoothie out in a little tea cup that she was able to take home with her. Don't miss this spot.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CSVerem
1knowing1, Owner at Cup-N-Kettle Tea House, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for the 'Lovely' review. I am so glad that everything you ate and experienced at Cup-N-Kettle was to your liking. Please hurry back!
Los Angeles
“Awesome food and a charming host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Sometimes when traveling you just get lucky! We stayed at Paradise Cove so it was easy to give the Cup-N-Kettle a try, and we kept going back. I was absolutely hooked on the lemongrass tea, and the seafood chowder is the best I can recall ever having- creamy and full of seafood. The chicken salad is also a unique delight, and of course one can't leave without dining on a scone or two. And the prices are extremely reasonable by any standard.

I don't know much about tea settings, but my travel partner did, and she was enamored with both the size and quality of the collection. Evelyn, the owner, not only shows her collection, but uses it as well. Her attention to detail is extraordinary.

This teahouse is in Paradise Cove, which makes it a short walk from Secret Harbor. But even if you aren't close, it's worth your time and effort to make the trip for breakfast or lunch. It really isn't far even from Charlotte Amalie, so grab a cab and discover for yourself what makes the Cup-N-Kettle a unique experience you won't forget. And eat. Eat a lot. :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1knowing1, Owner at Cup-N-Kettle Tea House, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Ken,

It was my absolute pleasure to witness you and your travel partner dine at Cup-N-Kettle. Thank you for your vote of confidence and your encouraging words.

All the best to you... hurry back.
Bloomington, Indiana
“This is why I travel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I just passed the most lovely two hours in Cup-n-Kettle, chatting with Evelyn and getting some work done on the internet. I was charmed by her collection and enthusiasm. She let me choose my own set from the parlor (I chose a Royal Albert cup and saucer in the Old Country Rose pattern) and when I decided to add one of her scones (How can I pass on homemade lemon curd!) she swapped out the round saucer for a sidecar plate in the same design, swapping it back again when I was finished so I didn't have to sit with my crumbs as I enjoyed my second cup. So thoughtful! I will be back tomorrow, and hope to persuade Evelyn to join me for a cuppa, because I enjoy her company so much.

• Visited April 2014